Data Center Technician
- Hong Kong
We are seeking a self-motivated team player who is excited by the challenge of a fast pace, ever changing working environment. The successful candidate will:
• Own, drive and contribute to technical innovation, automation and projects within the Data Center operations space.
• Create systems and process that enhance operational workflow and provide positive customer impact within the Data Centers.
In terms of basic qualification, the candidates need not be experts in all of the below but at a minimum must be able to answer YES to all of the following 3 questions:
Q. Do you have good Linux/Unix skills?
Q. Do you have good server hardware knowledge?
Q. Do you have good networking knowledge?
The ideal candidate would have strong experience with the operating systems & server hardware competencies and show the willingness and aptitude to quickly become skilled in the other competencies. All interested candidates must be willing to take shift work including weekend and holiday.
Detailed Technical Requirements/Competencies:
• Excellent knowledge of server hardware maintenance/troubleshooting across multiple server vendors.
• Detailed understanding and experience of managing large scale disk sub-systems.
• Experience with capacity planning, utilization review and performance monitoring.
• The position has a physical component requiring the ability to Server and networking equipment installation and removal.
• Manage all aspect of a Mission critical spare parts pool for server and network equipment.
• In depth knowledge & experience of Linux.
• Experience deploying or managing large scale distributed Linux environments.
• Apache, MySQL, Oracle, DNS, DHCP, LDAP management, Systems and applications troubleshooting skills.
• Some knowledge of scripting/programming with Perl and Python.
• Experience with Cisco equipment in an enterprise environment.
• Some knowledge of dynamic routing protocols such as OSFP & BGP.
• Some knowledge of Cisco IOS.
• Some knowledge about network troubleshooting.
Experience of Data Center Operation
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top