Data Center Technical Support Facility Manager
- Seattle, WA
As a Data Center Technical Support Facility Manager in Amazon, you will get to provide your expertise to world's largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We encounter interesting, challenging & complex problems every day, being a technical manager in Amazon means that you can innovate to solve these issues and help drive Excellence in all areas of your role.
Your day job will include (but not limited to):
• Managing and developing teams of engineers, providing both technical and leadership expertise and ensuring highest levels of performance.
• Supporting Maintenance of existing operational Data Centers
• Helping to build and bring online new Data Centers
• Constantly improving all our processes and procedures, we believe there is nothing we cannot improve
• Assisting and managing relationships with operation partners, external vendors and contractors
• Liaising with internal teams and management groups
• Supporting operating partners to ensure they adhere to and exceed local Health & Safety standards in all Data Centers
• Creating and maintaining metrics on all aspects of our Data Centers and utilizing those metrics to drive positive changes
• Assisting in implementing service methodologies including incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management, etc.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
• An excellent understanding of the electrical and mechanical systems involved in essential Data Centre Operations including systems such as feeders, Transformers, Generators, Switch gear, UPS systems, ATS units, PDU units, chillers, pumps, Air Handling units and Fan pack units
• Proven track record of people management and developing teams and in particular ensuring staff are ready for any and conditions through skill and process development
• Ability to solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Has a strong aptitude for trouble shooting and problem solving
• Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting
• Ability to follow accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
• Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making
• Ability to prioritize in complex environment
• Proactively and continually improve your level of knowledge about Amazon business and relevant technologies
• Able to demonstrate their ability to take ownership of technical issues brought to them by their customer base. If they are unable to resolve certain issues by themselves, can demonstrate a willingness to actively engage other support teams to drive it to resolution
• Advanced electrical or mechanical certifications with 3+ years of experience in a management position with 5 or more direct reports (Bachelor's degree or higher in a relevant engineering discipline is also acceptable)
• 5+ years of experience working in data centers with an emphasis on building and equipment operation
• 3+ years of experience in a management position with 5 or more direct reports
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top