Data Center Technical Support Engineering Operations
- Baiyin, China
Responsible for supporting Data Center Engineering Operations (DCEO) within data centers; including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of data center infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
1. Manage and lead the DCEO Engineering Team
2. Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the data center facility operations and maintenance
3. Responsible for supporting the operation of and management of both routine and emergency services on a variety of essential systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc
4. Data center capacity planning and reporting
5. May assist in the design and build of new facilities
6. May assist in projects to increase current Facility efficiency
7. Work with IT managers, other business leaders and operating partners to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability and efficiency
8. Deliver quality service and ensure all data hosting services that customers demand are met
9. Procurement for DCEO related expenditure
10. Supporting asset and inventory management
11. Assist in recruiting efforts
Fundamental knowledge of Low / High voltage Electrical System, BMS Systems, Monitoring and alarming systems
In depth knowledge of Data Center Facilities such as generators, chillers, cooling towers, air handling units, UPS, electrical sub distribution systems, fire detection and suppression systems, cable reticulation systems
In depth knowledge of Data Center capacity planning and reporting
Strong verbal and written communication skills in English
Strong leadership and organizational skills
Strong attention to details
Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment
Ability to deliver facility expansion projects on time and within budget
Work for periods of longer than eight hours in duration where required
Respond to out of hours emergency calls second level escalation point for Data Center facilities related issues / failures
Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline
8+ years' experience in a high-volume mission-critical operational environment (eg data center, healthcare, high technology manufacturing, large scale production, aviation maintenance) preferably 7x24x365 operational experience & responsibilities.
6+ year's relevant leadership experience in an engineering/technical environment for medium to large scale engineering operations (preferably electrical and mechanical). Demonstrable capability to form and lead tactical response teams to resolve specific technical issues by delivering root-cause remediation and successful timely implementation.
Data Center related facility operation & management experience preferred.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top