Data Center Technical Support Engineering Operations
- Seoul, South Korea
The Facility Engineer with be responsible for supporting Data Center Engineering Operations within data centers including risk management and mitigation, corrective and preventative maintenance of data center infrastructure, vendor management and metric reporting.
Responsibilities may include:
• Responsible for the on-site management of contractors, sub-contractors and vendors, ensuring that all work performed is in accordance with established practices, procedures & local legislation.
• Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the data center facility infrastructure operations and maintenance.
• Generate change management requests & incident management tickets for DCEO activities.
• Work with DCO managers (IT) and other business leaders and operating partners to coordinate projects, manage capacity, and optimize plant safety, performance, reliability, sustainability and efficiency.
• Establish documentation relevant to technical support of business & facility operations.
• Responsible for supporting the installation of the racks and the provision of power/cooling.
• Support the COLO management of both routine maintenance and emergency services on a variety of essential systems such as: switchgear, generators, UPS systems, power distribution equipment, chillers, cooling towers, computer room air handlers, building monitoring systems, etc.
• Assist in the design, implementation, commissioning and build out of new facilities.
• Drive & implement projects to increase current facility capacity, efficiency, sustainability & reliability.
• Assist in recruiting efforts.
• Support operating partners in the resolution of any infrastructure engineering issues.
• Degree or Technical Degree and relevant experience.
• 4+ years of relevant work experience.
• Strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Strong attention to detail.
• Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• 6+ years of Data Center Engineering/Operations Experience
• Bachelor's Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering or relevant discipline.
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout as well as low voltage (copper/ fiber) cabling.
• High/Low Voltage electrician's license.
• Team management skill and experience.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top