Please note this role can be based in multiple EMEA locations including: Dublin, London, Frankfurt, Paris, Milan and Zaragoza
The Amazon Web Services Infrastructure Global Expansion Edge team is looking for a Strategy Developer to work with teams across the organization to help manage EMEA colocation expansion. This person will need to be a strong communicator that can work independently within a team setting in a fast paced, ambiguous environment.
A successful candidate will be highly motivated; analytical; possess a strong sense of ownership; have exceptional organizational skills, high integrity and accountability; and have a passion for process improvement. This position involves direct contact with business owners and external parties; you must have a professional demeanor and be able to communicate effectively with people at every level, including senior management.
• Analyze and organize communications around contractual gap analysis in colocation contracts
• Manage remediation transactions: validate stakeholder inputs, engage with vendors with guidance from Technical Business Developers, prepare business cases for leader approval, and drive contract execution with legal partners
• Track and manage individual gap remediation projects to approval and handover to operational teams for implementation
• Manage data center agreements with third party suppliers, including supporting contract transactions; generating and processing service orders; vendor communications; obtaining internal financial, technical, and legal approvals.
• Manage a global portfolio of commercial agreements for critical data center infrastructure.
• Lead development and implementation of process improvements to increase process automation and scalability in order to support a rapidly growing business.
• Gather and own maintenance of various data to ensure high data integrity. These data will often be from disparate, ambiguous, or difficult sources.
• Develop metrics and analyze trends for key takeaways to achieve business objectives and reduce operating costs.
• Support continual process improvement initiatives with accurate and meaningful data.
• BS/BA degree in Business, Economics, Finance or Accounting, Computer Science, or related experience
• 7+ years of experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, finance operations, procurement, project management, asset management, accounting, accounts payable and/or lease management
• Experience working with cross-organizational teams in an international organization
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. Protecting your privacy and the security of your data is a longstanding top priority for Amazon. Please consult our Privacy Notice (https://www.amazon.jobs/en/privacy_page) to know more about how we collect, use and transfer the personal data of our candidates.
All offers are conditional on references, verification of the right to work in the UK, and successful background screening check. This will include previous employment verification, qualification verification (if relevant) and a relevant criminal check.
• 7+ years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: finance, finance operations, procurement, project management, asset management, accounting, accounts payable, contracts management and/or lease management
• Ability to dive deep into data, existing processes, people and systems in order to invent, simplify and improve inefficient or unnecessarily complex processes
• Ability to work independently and prioritize effectively in a complex, ambiguous and fast-paced environment
• Demonstrable ability to meet tight deadlines while managing multiple projects
• Exceptional attention to detail, problem solving, analytical and organizational skills
• A work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
• Demonstrable knowledge of finance and economics principals
• Strong written and verbal communication skills
• Comfortable presenting and interfacing with senior leadership
• Willingness and ability to travel occasionally to site visits and team meetings
• Proven experience of delivering Lean/Six Sigma projects such as Kaizens, Greenbelts, and continuous improvement initiatives, this should include needs assessment, business case creation, scope definition, project planning and project implementation
• Exceptional project management skills with capacity to manage a large number competing priorities simultaneously and work to tight deadlines
• Excellent analytical skills with ability to provide big picture insights from highly granular data
• Strong interpersonal skills including written and verbal communication skills necessary to build effective working relationships and positively influence decision making
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation.