Data Center Security Program Manager
- Sunnyvale, CA
Security Program Manager
External job description
The Amazon Web Services (AWS) Data Center Operations Security Team is seeking a highly talented and motivated Security Program Manager to join our team in Dublin.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people.
The position is contributing in the design, installation and integration of security systems equipment including, but not limited to, Access Control/Intrusion Detection and CCTV Surveillance systems. The positions is also responsible for preventative maintenance and repairs of the of security systems equipment.
The ideal candidate for the role will be willing and able to work in all related disciplines, at all levels; from technology research to system design and layout, oversight of construction and implementation, as well as maintenance and upgrades over the life of the system. The candidate will have an in-depth knowledge of security technology, be innovative, highly organized, and will have demonstrated the ability to deliver results on time and within budget.
The Security Program Manager (SPM) is a key member of the EMEA Security team and reports to the Cluster Security Manager in Dublin, Ireland.
The SPM's ultimate success will be measured by how they assist with the development, implementation and commissioning of standardized security infrastructure systems for the AWS region. This is measured by agreed upon objectives and metrics related to key areas such as the level and quality of customer service provided, access control effectiveness, and the protection of our customer data, employees and visitors. The position is responsible for observing Physical Security Standards and Programs that support the goals of the Global Physical Security Team while enabling the local site managers to draw related services from the team, in a self-service manner. This includes:
• Excellent project management skills are required with ability to work in a fast-paced environment. Candidates should have experience in prioritizing tasks effectively and working seamlessly across organizational boundaries.
• Executes and coordinates preventative maintenance and repairs of the of security systems equipment.
• Securing the compliance of physical security project standards, project Scopes of Work, budgets and timelines.
• Designs, develops, and implements solutions for system installations, upgrades, repairs and change outs.
• Support security system equipment commissioning.
• Completing the final Test and Acceptance of security systems.
• Build and deploy training programs for all users of the physical security systems.
• +3 years of experience in managing the operation, installation and maintenance of regional and/or global physical security systems.
• Experience as a Physical Security Program Manager for large, complex, installations. Advanced knowledge and experience with the Security Integrator Industry.
• Experience with AutoCAD, Revit, BlueBeam or other design tools.
• High ethical standards with proven ability to handle highly confidential and sensitive information; excellent judgment, discretion and diplomacy.
• Advanced skills in all Microsoft products with a special emphasis on Excel.
• Driving license and ability to travel 20% of the time.
• Ability to work at times in an industrial environment.
• Excellent teamwork skills, results oriented, high energy and self-motivated.
• Formal qualification in electrical, engineering or technical security field.
• Extensive experience in corporate security and workplace safety.
• Certification in either S2 or Lenel Access Control Systems.
Back to top