Data Center Project Engineer
- London, United Kingdom
The Global Expansion Engineering team is looking for a results-oriented, inventive data center engineer to drive development, implementation and delivery of enterprise data centers through the use of colocation facilities, which meet strict quality and performance levels across the globe.
What we offer:
Amazon offers a fast paced, fun, and exciting work environment. We continue to grow at exponential rates and are looking for individuals that can support our speed to market, enjoy a challenge, and have a desire for professional growth and continuous learning experiences. Amazon's work environment is unique in every aspect and offers an exceptional opportunity for the right candidate.
As the Global Expansion Engineer (Data Center Project Engineer), you will assist in site planning, development and delivery of data center environments globally, which maintain the highest performance standards and utilize innovation to reduce budgets and increase efficiency. Responsibilities include design review, site selection, technical negotiation, single point of failure remediation, infrastructure upgrade, and site acceptance of mission-critical facilities and associated MEP components. You may also be required to respond to off hour calls in regard to emergent events and contribute to the resolution of various data center performance impacting infrastructure issues.
Successful candidates will be strong leaders who can prioritize well, communicate clearly, and have a consistent track record of delivery.
• Bachelor's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical engineering or relevant discipline.
• 7+ years of experience directly related to a critical infrastructure environment
• In depth understanding of critical infrastructure mechanical and electrical equipment.
• Ability to research new designs, technologies, and construction methods of data center equipment and facilities.
• Ability and willingness to think outside of the box to find creative and innovative solutions to reduce costs with no impact on quality and reliability.
• Master's degree in Mechanical/ Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline.
• 3-5 years experience directly related to Data Center Infrastructure
• Professional Engineering license.
• Certified Data Center Design Professional (CDCDP).
• Understanding of international code requirements.
• Fundamental knowledge of network design and layout.
• Possess excellent communication skills, attention to detail, and maintain high quality standards.
• Possess leadership and problem solving skills.
• Be a motivated, highly dependable individual.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age
Back to top