Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Data Center Project Architect to join its design team in Herndon, Virginia.
AWS designs, builds, and operates Data Centers (DC) around the world and is a leader in worldwide cloud-computing infrastructure.
Architects at AWS work to design resilient, cost effective DC facilities. Our team is responsible for achieving a world class uptime for our customers and drive to develop a fleet of buildings that emphasize security, safety, efficiency, and cost effectiveness, while finding new ways to meet AWS's growing demand.
As a DC Project Architect at AWS, you will lead designs for Amazon DCs in our Americas Region and impact other projects around the world. As a DC Project Architect, you will be part of a highly creative and efficient design team comprised of Architects, Engineers, and Designers tasked with solving problems and challenging the status quo. As a subject matter expert, you will have a direct impact on the design of prototypical DC facilities, provide technical guidance, solve large scale implementation issues, and be responsible for architectural design requirements.
• Communicate conceptual designs and create/maintain project documentation before, during, and after construction.
• Maintenance of Basis of Design, prototype design, and template specifications for architectural elements.
• Create, review, and release design RFPs.
• Manage our external design consultants through the design and construction process.
• Coordinate with internal and external Civil, Structural, Mechanical, Electrical, Controls, and Cabling design engineers.
• Effectively communicate design standards to internal and external project partners.
• Manage multiple fast paced projects simultaneously.
• Think outside of the box to find innovative solutions prior to and during the construction process to reduce costs without negative impacts on quality or reliability.
• Travel for site assessments, internal design meetings, construction review, and interfacing with design consultants. Anticipated travel not to exceed 25%.
• Architecture license.
• 7+ years of commercial / industrial design experience.
• 3+ years of data center or mission critical facilities design experience.
• NAAB accredited degree in Architecture, or equivalent experience.
• Solid working proficiency with AutoCAD, Revit, Bluebeam, and MS Office Suite.
• Proficiency in building codes, regulations, and standards including IBC, IFC, NFPA, and Unified Facility Criteria (UFC).
• Experience designing projects to comply with ICD/ICS 705 accreditation requirements.
• Vendor and consultant management skills.
• Excellent communication skills and attention to detail.
• Bilingual in English and Spanish is highly considered.
• Ability to travel internationally.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation/Age