Data Center Operations Trainee
- Hyderabad, India
Do you have a passion to install, deploy, service and maintain mission critical IT infrastructure in one of the world's largest and fastest-growing cloud data centers?
Are you looking to expand your horizon in an exciting and dynamic work environment that encourages creativity and boundless opportunities for career development?
Do you enjoy solving problems and delivering value-adding results?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, then Amazon Web Services Data Center is the place to be!
This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of Cloud technology in the region.
You will be assigned as a trainee where you will have exposure to learn and understand how our Data center works, interact with our support teams and customers. Experience the latest technologies of our cloud that puts you among top talents of data center technical support teams. You will spend 3 months on the trainee program, and by the end of it, your progression will be evaluated to see if you have what it takes to join our successful team and be a full time Amazonian.
There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Some of the key responsibilities you will be trained on are:
• Perform Data center Servers and Network systems installation and configurations
• Perform hardware diagnostics and troubleshoot all Systems hardware and Network related problems
• Perform intermediate level Linux OS troubleshooting
• Perform intermediate level Network configuration troubleshooting
• Perform replacement of internal and external hardware parts of Servers and Network devices
• Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks
• Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing resolution of trouble tickets efficiently
• Work with multiple internal teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security, Projects etc.) and be a good team player
• Work with external/3rd party vendors and contractors to achieve organization needs
• Adhere to DC operations, Logistics, Security and Safety related processes and guidelines
• Practice and enforce Amazons' Security and Safety best practices
• Share ideas and contribute in projects to improve DC work environment and to improve DC operational efficiencies
• Participate, lead and deliver small to mid-scale projects including Data Center rollout
• Understands operational metrics and drive actions to achieve the targets
• Diploma Holders in Electrical & Electronics, Computer & Communications Engineering, Information & Digital Technologies with good grades
• Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware
• Basic knowledge of System hardware and Network devices
• Have a basic understanding of IT Systems and/or Network concepts and
• Having troubleshooting experience is a plus
• Knowledge of programming language i.e. Python, Perl, Shell Scripting is a plus but not a must
• Good written & verbal communication and team player skills
• Basic knowledge of Data centers and Cloud computing technologies and services
- Familiar with Linux operating system.
- Experience of server operation system level development, familiar with server hardware components and basic troubleshooting
- Experience of Networking setup and configuration.
- Experience in writing software programs
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top