Data Center Operations Manager
- Sydney, Australia
Amazon Web Services is a fast-paced Computing technology company and a Global leader in the Data Center space. To support the demands of our customers, we continue to expand our operations across APAC significantly. As a result, we need a proven Data Center technology focused manager to be a part of our growing infrastructure management team.
We require a technical-minded professional with a passion for devising innovative concepts and strategies that will take our Data Center Operations to the next level. We are looking for a people manager who can collaborate, lead and mentor a team of skilled Data Center Technicians with a variety of skills. You will be responsible for Data Center operations with a focus on continuous improvement to ensure we continue to deliver the highest level of service to our customers.
As a successful applicant, you will get to manage the World's largest Computing Infrastructure. http://infrastructure.aws Every day you will innovate and help us solve exciting, challenging & complex problems while driving for operational excellence in all areas of your role.
Reporting to the Cluster manager, day to day responsibilities include (but not limited to):
• Managing and developing teams of efficient Data Center Technicians, providing both technical and leadership expertise and ensuring the highest levels of performance.
• Maintaining existing co-located and in-house Data Centers.
• Help build and bring new Data Centers to Australia.
• Constantly improving all our processes and procedures. (We believe there is nothing we cannot improve).
• Assisting & managing relationships with external vendors & contractors.
• Liaising with internal teams & management groups.
• Ensuring we adhere to and exceed local Health & Safety standards in all our Data Centers.
• Creating and maintaining metrics of all aspects of our Data Centers and utilizing those metrics to drive positive improvements.
• Assisting in implementing service methodologies that include incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
• 3+ years of people management experience with direct reports in a Data Centre environment.
• High degree of organization and detail-orientation.
• In-depth knowledge and expertise in change/incident management.
• Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects.
• Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical teams.
• Experience in data mining/analysis skill.
• High literacy in security and customer data protection.
• Project Management skill.
• experience and knowledge of cabling best practices.
• In-depth architectures knowledge and experience with system management tools and client/server .
• Excellent verbal and written communication.
• Knowledge and / or experience of physical - IT security.
• Experience with capacity planning, preferably at a server and data center level.
• Experience with major manufacturers equipment in an enterprise environment.
• Linux certification and/or administration experience - RHCSA/RHCE, LPIC, Linux+
• Network certification - CCENT/CCNA, Network+
Back to top