Data Center Operations Manager
Amazon Data Center Operations team deploys and maintains the servers and infrastructure in our data centers. Amazon uses large-scale, high-density data centers and we support our customers 24x7 all year, so work is by shift, on-call or a combination. The cloud business is continuously growing and offering new features, so our data center infrastructure is always dynamic and expanding.
The successful candidate will have experience managing people, creating, tracking and controlling budgets, devising strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions.
The successful candidate will be operationally responsible for one or more of Amazon.com's Data Centers. Some high-level responsibilities include:
- Management of the team of Data Center Technicians; this includes all aspect of people/performance/rotation management.
- Ensuring effective and efficient management of day to day Datacenter Operations.
- Manage/Improve the workflows and throughput for data Centers Operations.
- Become a subject master in Data Center Operations.
- Ensure all operational KPIs and Metrics are being measured and met inside his/her Data Centers(s).
- Play a key part in innovation and driving automation within Data Center Operations.
- Be passionate about the quality and quantity of services being provided by the Data Center Operations team and continuously strive to improve our Customer Experience.
- Management of large scale events in the Datacenter(s).
- Part of an on-call rotation for Datacenter Issue escalations.
- Vendor management/monitoring vendor performance.
- Ensuring his/her Data Center is compliant with all relevant security policies and procedures.
- Minimum 5 years of people management experience with direct reports as their performance manager.
- Knowledge of server hardware maintenance/troubleshooting across multiple server vendors.
- In-depth knowledge and experience of change / incident management.
- Solid data mining / analysis skill.
- High literacy in security and customer data protection.
- Solid communication skill set (decision making, confrontation management, commitment, coaching the team).
- Project Management skill.
- Knowledge and / or experience of physical - IT security.
- Experience with capacity planning, preferably at a server and data center level.
- Experience with major Networking manufacturer equipment in an enterprise environment.
- Linux certification and/or administration experience - RHCSA/RHCE, LPIC, Linux+
- Network certification - CCENT/CCNA, Network+
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top