Data Center Operations Cluster Manager
- Viry-Châtillon, France
Amazon Web Services is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of Data Centers. We are looking for proven Data Center Technology Managers with experience in people management, strong technical understanding and the drive and vision to take Amazon.com Data Center Operations to the next level.
The company's infrastructure consists of various custom built and off-the-shelf applications operating on a variety of platforms and other major technologies. The successful candidate will have experience managing staff on a 24/7 rotating shift, Problem Change & Incident Management, creating & tracking expenditure, devising and implementing improvements, mentoring people in all levels, supporting Infrastructure projects and proposing technical solutions.
• Management of the team of Data Center Technicians and Managers; this includes all aspect of people/performance/rotation management.
• Ensuring effective and efficient management of day to day 24x7 Datacenter Operations.
• Manage/Improve the workflows and throughput for data Centers Operations.
• Become a subject master in Data Center Operations.
• Ensure all operational KPIs and Metrics are being measured and met inside his/her Data Centers(s).
• Play a key part in innovation and driving automation within Data Center Operations.
• Be passionate about the quality and quantity of services being provided by the Data Center Operations team and continuously strive to improve our Customer Experience.
• Management of large scale events in the Datacenter(s).
• Part of an on-call rotation for Datacenter Issue escalations.
• Vendor management/monitoring vendor performance.
• Ensuring his/her Data Center is compliant with all relevant security policies and procedures.
• Minimum 7 years of people management experience with direct reports as their performance manager.
• Knowledge of server hardware maintenance/troubleshooting across multiple server vendors.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix, Network and Storage systems.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of change / incident management.
• Solid data mining / analysis skill.
• High literacy in security and customer data protection.
• Solid communication skill set (decision making, confrontation management, commitment, coaching the team).
• Fluent English verbal and written proficiency.
• Project Management skill.
• Knowledge and / or experience of Power, Cooling & Facilities Engineering inside a data center.
• Knowledge and / or experience of logistics.
• Knowledge and / or experience of physical - IT security.
• Experience with capacity planning, preferably at a server and data center level.
• Experience with major Networking manufacturer equipment in an enterprise environment.
• Data Center related certification - CDCP/S/E, CDCMP/TP.
• Linux/UNIX certification and/or administration experience
• Network certification - CCENT/CCNA, Network+
• Storage systems experience
Back to top