Data Center Operation Technical Support Manager
- Bexley, United Kingdom
Amazon Web Services is a leader in the world of Data Centers. We are looking for a proven Data Center Operation Technical Support Manager with experience in people management, strong technical understanding and the drive and vision to support the Data Center Operations to the next level.
Data center infrastructure consists of various custom built and off-the-shelf applications operating on a variety of platforms and other major technologies. The successful candidate will have experience managing staff on a 7/24 rotating shift, problem, change & incident management, creating & tracking expenditure, devising and implementing improvements, mentoring people in all levels, supporting Infrastructure projects and proposing technical solutions.
• Manage the team of Data Center technical supporting engineers, includes all aspect of people/performance/rotation/technical management.
• Ensure effective and efficient Management of technical support of Data center Operations.
• Support /Improve the workflows and throughput for Data Centers Operations.
• Become a subject master in the technical support of Data Center Operations.
• Ensure all operational KPIs and Metrics are being measured and met inside the Data Centers(s) he/she supports.
• Play a key part in innovation and driving automation which supports Data Center Operations.
• Be passionate about the quality and quantity of services being provided by the Data Center Operations Technical Support team and continuously strive to improve our Customer Experience.
• Provide solid support in Large Scale Events in the Datacenter(s).
• Ensure Data Center he/she supports is compliant with all relevant security & safety policies and procedures.
The successful candidate will be operationally responsible for one or more of technology infrastructures . Hired Candidates need to work in Zhongwei city of the Ningxia Hui Autonomous Region.
Detailed technical requirements for the position can be found below.
• Minimum 3 years of people management experience with direct reports as their performance manager.
• Knowledge of server hardware maintenance/troubleshooting across multiple server vendors.
• In-depth knowledge of Linux/Unix, Network and Storage systems.
• In-depth knowledge and experience of change / incident management.
• Solid data mining / analysis skill.
• High literacy in security and customer data protection.
• Solid communication skill set (decision making, confrontation management, commitment, coaching the team).
• Fluent English verbal and written proficiency.
• Project Management skill.
Candidates need not to be experts in all of these, but at a minimum must be able to answer YES to all of the following 3 questions:
Q. Have you worked in a Data Center before and/or can you articulate what it takes to run an operational efficient Data Center?
Q. Do you have prior people management experience with directs reports?
Q. Do you have current knowledge of at least one of the following skills?
- Server Hardware (troubleshooting).
- Technical Project Management
• Knowledge and / or experience of Power, Cooling & Facilities Engineering inside a data center.
• Knowledge and / or experience of logistics.
• Knowledge and / or experience of physical - IT security.
• Experience with capacity planning, preferably at a server and data center level.
• Experience with major Networking manufacturer equipment in an enterprise environment.
• Data Center related certification - CDCP/S/E, CDCMP/TP.
• Linux/UNIX certification and/or administration experience
• Network certification - CCENT/CCNA, Network+
• Storage systems experience
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top