Data Center Manager
Amazon.com is a fast paced technology company and a leader in the world of Data Centers. We are currently expanding our infrastructure management team and are looking for proven technology managers with experience in people management, strong technical understanding and the drive and vision to take Amazon.com Data Center Operations to the next level. The successful candidate will have experience managing people with varying skillsets, creating, devising strategies, mentoring people in all levels, sponsoring projects and proposing technical solutions.
The successful candidate will be operationally responsible for the operations of a Amazon.com Data Center. Some high-level responsibilities include:
- Coordinate change management resources
- Guide, train and educate data staff on the best practices related to all service owner issues
- Manage and deliver mid-size projects
- Recommend, document, and oversee policies and procedures to meet industry best practices and to meet required SLAs
- Manage a diverse team of data technicians with varying skills
- Recruit and train data technicians to ensure appropriate staffing levels
- Write and deliver performance reviews for staff
Requires 4+ years managing people in a technical environment with work knowledge of Data Centers. The ideal candidate must have good team, organizational and planning skills, as well as stringent time management skills to balance dynamic workloads in a complex and dynamic environment.
- In-depth knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Networking experience and knowledge of cabling best practices
- In-depth hardware architectures knowledge and troubleshooting experience
- Experience with system management tools and client/server environments
- Highly driven, self-managed individual who demonstrates initiative and proactively seeks solutions to problems
- Greatly developed problem analysis and critical thinking experience.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Technical writing experience
- Prior project management experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top