Data Center Manager
- Dublin, Ireland
Data Center Manager for the world's biggest Cloud Infrastructure.
You will be a proven manager with experience managing teams of high performers. You will have the ability to refine and develop processes to optimise operational excellence in every area of your role. You will be able to drive performance levels to achieve the pace we build and operate our Data Centers at. You will have previous experience in Data Centers, either building or managing (or both) along with exposure to developing great relationships with both internal teams and external vendors.
You will also have a passion for technology along with a desire to be the best at your job every day!
About The Role:
As a Data Center Manager in Amazon, you will get to manage the world's largest Cloud Computing Infrastructure. We encounter interesting, challenging & complex problems every day, being a technical manager in Amazon means that you can innovate to solve these issues and help drive Operations Excellence in all areas of your role.
Your day job will include (but not limited to):
• Managing and developing teams of engineers, providing both technical and leadership expertise and ensuring highest levels of performance.
• Maintaining existing co-located and in-house Data Centers
• Helping build and bring online new Data Centers
• Constantly improving all our processes and procedures. We believe there is nothing we cannot improve
• Assisting & managing relationships with external vendors & contractors
• Liaising with internal teams & management groups
• Ensuring we adhere to and exceed local Health & Safety standards in all our Data Centers
• Creating and maintaining metrics on all aspects of our Data Centers and utilising those metrics to drive positive changes
• Assisting in implementing service methodologies including incident management, problem management, change management, capacity management, etc.
"Work Hard. Have Fun. Make History". This is our motto and we do all 3 every day. AWS S3 web service recently accepted its 1 trillionth object, currently accepting more than 40,000 objects every second on a daily basis. We think this is really cool and want to expand our cloud to meet our customers continued needs.
We are the most Customer Centric Company in the world and will stop at nothing to meet our customers demands. We have proven this business model a success for many years and are always on the lookout for like-minded individuals to take us to the next level.
We are expanding at unseen rates, more than doubling our worldwide CloudFront co-location Data Centers in the last 12 months, and expecting to exceed that amount again in the coming 12 months. We are also constantly building brand new Data Centers all around the world with more coming online every few months.
We are building some of the largest distributed systems in the world, and we need smart people to help plan and put the pieces together. We are obsessed with Operational Excellence and strive to improve everything we do.
We also want you to progress your career, so will give you the tools to focus on your next desired role and then help you reach it, this is part of our ethos.
• An engineering degree or equivalent
• 5+ years of relevant engineering experience managing large scale services
• At least 3 years of direct people management experience including performance management such as end of year review
• High degree of organization and detail-orientation
• Excellent written and verbal communications skills
• Proven track record of success in delivering complex projects
• Prior ownership of the operation of a mission-critical team and/or product
• Ability to consistently deliver results despite competing priorities and distractions
• Technical depth to pass at least one of our Network Engineer, Systems Engineer or Developer Support Engineer skill set
• Appropriate Security and Safety awareness
• Project Management Experience
• Extensive OE and or Agile experience
• Capacity planning and budgetary experience.
If you are interested in solving the engineering challenges of building the world's largest Cloud Infrastructure, we want to speak to you!
For more information on Amazon Web Services, please visit http://aws.amazon.com
Back to top