Are you excited about Server and Networking Technology and want to work in the Largest Data Centers in the World? If so, we want to meet you and help grow your technical skills! At Amazon, career progression is part of our environment. We want you to progress, so come and work for the world's most Customer-centric Company.
You will work with the world's largest computing infrastructure. Your work involves some periods' independence from your team. You will learn the daily operations of a large data center. You will be working and troubleshooting hands on with servers and network equipment.
You will interact with other teams like logistics, networking, security, and etc in order to get the job done. There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges. Work with multiple teams (DC operations, DC Engineering, Logistics, Security and Projects etc.)
Data Center Operations designs, installs and maintains the world's largest Computing Infrastructure. Our scope of work includes systems, repairing, dealing with issues, handling and tracking parts and assisting in Data Center maintenance. Amazon Data Centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will help change the face of Technology in the region.
We are looking for candidates to commit to 6-month contracts and we are committed to provide coaching and periodic assessments to help develop your skills.
If successful after the 6-month period you might be interviewed to join the Amazon family full-time. For more info you can visit http://infrastructure.aws .
Some of the key responsibilities you will undertake are:
- Perform diagnostics and troubleshoot all hardware and related problems
- Perform basic level OS troubleshooting
- Perform basic level configuration troubleshooting
- Perform replacement of our parts of and devices
- Perform storage media (HDD, SSD etc.) sanitization and destruction tasks
- Maintain a high level of system reliability by prioritizing resolution of trouble tickets efficiently
- Follow DC operations, Logistics, Security and Safety related processes and guidelines
- Practice and enforce Amazons Security and Safety best practices
- Basic knowledge of IT hardware (desktops, laptops, servers) and its configurations.
- Basic IT troubleshooting experience and/or knowledge.
- A degree or diploma at University or TAFE
- Linux knowledge
- Networking knowledge
- Passionate about IT infrastructure and hardware