Are you excited about Server and Networking Technology and want to work in the Largest Data Centers in the World? We are looking for skilled Data Center Technicians with a passion for technology to help us expand our data centers to the next level. At Amazon, career progression is part of our environment. We want you to progress, so come and work for the world's most Customer-centric Company.
You will work on installing and troubleshooting the infrastructure that supports the AWS cloud. You will also be responsible to work with logistics and other teams to maintain daily operations. There is never a dull moment as each day presents itself with different challenges.
Data Center Operations designs, installs & maintains the world's largest Computing Infrastructure. This role is a unique opportunity to work in some of the most cutting-edge data centers in the world. Amazon data centers are large-scale high-density centers where you will be working on changing the face of cloud technology in the region.
• Escalation point and technical troubleshooter for all Systems and problems
• Deep diving into Linux server issues
• Remediation of physical layer outages, both Systems & Network
• Remediation or recovery of physical power issues on racks and participate in Data Center power & cooling events
• Meet 24x7 On-Call requirements and response during shift rotations
• Install & configure racks of hosts in line with internal SLAs
• Triage & resolve trouble tickets for all devices in your region
• Physical replacement of server and network device parts
• Ensure correct rotation of parts & spares
• Enforcing Amazons Security Best Practices
• Interact with third party vendors & contractors
• Engage with Remote Hands & Eyes in EU Regional Cloudfront POPs
• Participate in and deliver on a number of high impact small to mid-scale projects
• This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift & rack equipment up to 20 kg using our lifting equipment.
• It may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
• Candidates must possess a valid driver's license and their own vehicle to travel between sites.
• Linux /Unix Administration and server hardware troubleshooting experience
• Server Booting experience including POST, BIOS, PXE, Kickstart, GRUB/LILO, and RAID
• Some Experience with Network Protocols including TCP/IP, Ethernet, and L2/L3 technologies
• Some networking hardware experience including copper and optical fiber cabling, switches, and routers.
• Remote Access: Console routers, IPMI, BMC
• Network Equipment Installation and Configuration
• Cisco IOS, NX-OS, JunOS
• Redundancy: Power feeds, ATS, Server, RAID, Network Connectivity
• Data Center Operations: Inventory Management, Hot/Cold Aisles, Security
• Scripting: Bash, Python, Perl, Ruby (or programming languages)
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity Employer Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age. Amazon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics.