Data Center Engineering Operations Manager
- Seoul, South Korea
Amazon is expanding the Data Center management team in Korea. This position requires broad Data Center knowledge with Subject Matter Expertise (SME) in as many specific fields as possible.
This position serves as the primary operational resource to support the Amazon Web Services business in the Korean Data Centers. This position will provide a central point of ownership and accountability for the overall 'hands-on' management of the Mechanical, Electrical (M&E) and across the Data Centers in Korea. This position will be responsible for the overall operation and maintenance of the critical infrastructure supporting IT operations within the Data Center space. It will also include event management, incident management, problem management, change management, and cost/contract management. In addition, this will include the relationship management with the landlords, critical facility vendors, Data Center Construction team, Data Center Operations team, Technical Program Managers, Security team, and Logistics team while leading and managing a DCEO team of 3 to 4 SMEs. The position will require 24x7 on-call and scheduled weekend work support where necessary.
Primary responsibilities and SME fields include, but are not limited to:
Operations and Maintenance:
• Management and leadership of DCEO Engineering Team.
• Establish performance benchmarks, conduct analyses, and prepare reports on all aspects of the critical facility operations and maintenance.
• Ownership of all Data Center changes/events/incidents/problems from beginning to end as well as overseeing the completion of post-mortems, root cause analysis and follow-up resolution actions.
• Responsible for ensuring maintenance/ repairs of site-critical facility infrastructure or a Data Center are planned and executed to the best interest of the business.
• Responsible for Asset and Inventory management.
• Develop and maintain method statements, standard operating procedures, emergency response procedures, preventive maintenance programs, and all technical documentation. Ensure standardization and consistency with best-in-class operating practices. (Technical Writing Skills and Automation)
• Develop a complete, deep knowledge of the design intent, operational alternatives and contingency plans related to all Data Center systems.
• Manage the engineering aspects of the Data Centers related to financial and cost control, code and regulatory compliance, personnel management, staff training and development, Health & Safety, local statutory requirements, environmental and energy management.
• Develop and deliver the regular engineering reports and ensure adherence to contracted deliverables including SLA's and KPI's.
• Communicate operating philosophies, technical information, objectives and expectations to Amazon personnel and to the vendor critical facilities management teams.
• Providing hands on facility support where required (e.g. installation of new equipment, decommissioning of equipment, replacement of faulty equipment, internal audits...etc.)
• Oversee technical compliance auditing and the effective and timely close out of corrective action plans. Perform annual operational reviews with a focus on compliance with the Amazon standards and all applicable regulatory requirements. (Audits).
• Manage the development and delivery of the portfolio of Energy/Environmental Management Programs. Keep abreast of Data Center industry innovation.
• Incident and Emergency Response:
• Reviewing incident reports, documenting periodic trend summaries, and providing updates and recommended actions to management.
• Managing information flow during incidents while providing regular updates to management.
• Manage and coordinate with vendors to resolve any incidents during emergency situations. This may require to physically be dispatched on to site to investigate and resolve the issue.
• Promote engineering best practice, continuous improvement, and valued engineering.
• Provide technical advice, guidance and support to the operations team regarding all engineering related matters.
• Overseeing all changes and change processes within the Data Center including the delivery, installation, configuration, maintenance, decommission, and disposal of equipment.
• Planning of Data Center pipeline activities and projects; signoff on Data Center design, delivery, and testing/commissioning (T&C) for new space/expansion projects.
• Providing input into critical vendor and equipment selection - ensuring compliance to defined standards. Manage Tendering and Request for Proposal (RFP) exercises, processes and record documentation.
• Hiring and onboarding support:
• Prepare for interview, represent the company and conduct technical screening or interview for a candidate. Write up feedback and support to hire the best candidate from the market throughout the process.
• Support, train and lead new employee by example to facilitate the process to acquire the necessary knowledge, skills, and behaviors to become effective team member.
• At least five years of experience of Data Center operations and on-call support for Data Center facilities.
• An undergraduate degree in a technical field (EE, MechE, IndustrialE);
• An excellent understanding on the nature of mission critical systems (Data Centers, Hospitals, Power plants, military facilities, etc.).
• The candidate needs to be a self-starter and independent worker.
• Ability to solve problems at their root, stepping back to understand the broader context.
• Previous vendor negotiation and management skills for Data Center and/or upgrade construction contracts.
• Ability to write and review accurate and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries.
• Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making under pressure.
• Strong leadership and organizational skills.
• Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Proactively and continually improve his/her level of knowledge about Amazon's business and relevant technologies.
• Able to demonstrate his/her ability to take ownership of technical issues brought to him/her by his/her customer base. If the candidate is unable to resolve certain issues by themselves, he/she should demonstrate a willingness to actively engage other support teams to drive it to resolution.
• An interest in work subject matter that ensures that the teams are kept abreast of all relevant industry standards changes and innovation practices.
• An excellent understanding of the Electrical systems in critical Data Center operations that include but not limited to utility substation feeds, transformers, switchgear, VFI Class UPS, DRUPS, PDUs, ATS, STS, SLA/VRLA batteries and associated systems, diesel/gas turbine generators and related fuel systems, Surge Suppression, Active Harmonic Filtering, battery monitoring systems, branch circuit monitoring systems, SCADA systems.
• An excellent understanding of the Mechanical systems in critical Data Center operations include but not limited to CRAC/CRAHs/AHUs, chillers, cooling towers, storage tanks, chemical system, heat exchangers, piping systems, pumps, valves, duct systems, fans, dampers. An excellent understanding of other facilities systems used in Data Centers and Mission critical facilities, including but not limited to fire detection and suppression systems, plumbing and drainage systems, Building Monitoring Systems, automatic control systems.
• An excellent understanding of design, procurement, suitability of application, testing and commissioning. Certifications/Accreditations that will be viewed positively: PMP; Prince2; ITIL v2/3; BICSI; ASHRAE, CDCP/S/E or equivalent; CAD.
• At least two years of team lead or people management experience.
Back to top