Data Center Engineering Operation
- Vancouver, Canada
The Infrastructure Operations (Data Center) Team is the backbone of AWS, supporting the rapidly growing AWS business and customers 24/7. We are committed to maintain the physical infrastructure of AWS, ensuring the standards for operational performance in the areas of safety, security, availability, productivity, capacity, efficiency, and cost.
In the Infrastructure Operations (Data Center) Team, you will have the chance to work on the most advanced technologies in a dynamic environment with expanding opportunities.
If you enjoy working in a strong and close-knit diverse team, Infrastructure Operations (Data Center) Team is the place to be!
Data Center Engineering Operation (DCEO) is seeking for individuals who are motivated, self-starter, eager to learn, passionate and committed to join us. You will spend 12 months on a specially structured program and by the end of it, your progression will be evaluated to see if you have what it takes to join our successful team and be a full time Amazonian.
• Electrical/Mechanical engineering related discipline
• Interest in maintenance of a Data Centre or Critical space facility.
• Understand fundamentals of Generators, UPS, Chillers
• Strong attention to detail.
• Work in shifts.
• Ability to prioritize in complex, fast-paced environment.
• Eager to learn/Motivated/Self-starter
• Good communication and co-ordination skills
• This position also has a physical component requiring the ability to lift rack equipment up to 10kg unassisted occasionally; it may require working in cramped spaces or in elevated locations while adhering to health & safety guidelines.
• Degree/Diploma in Electrical & Electronics/Mechanical/Building Services/Facilities Management/any related Engineering discipline
• Excellent communication skills (both verbal and written English)
• Data Center Engineering/Operations experience is nice to have but not mandatory.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top