Data Center Delivery - Technical Program Manager
- Seattle, WA
Play a key role in operational improvement within Amazon Web Services, where we have a history and tradition of innovative technologies and services. Reporting to the Data Center Delivery Business Operations Network Availability Manager, you will have the opportunity to join a team that partners across the global AWS Infrastructure organization to shape the future of the AWS profile and tempo to which we deliver.
The Data Center Delivery Business Operations team is seeking a highly-skilled & driven Technical Program Manager who will help drive the team toward our mission of building durable and reliable data informed processes within AWS Infrastructure. The ideal candidate has experience managing global Infrastructure projects/ programs; developing, monitoring, and reporting project/program health metrics; leading cross-functional teams; developing & implementing change management plans; training and mentoring performance; and driving Network Reliability improvement. As a Technical Program Manager within this team focused on global Network Availability, you will be responsible for organizing and managing continuous improvement and process initiatives and play a significant role in developing, driving and managing scalable, data-driven processes.
The primary responsibilities from the Technical Program Manager include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Lead planning, execution, and delivery tasks of multiple project/programs simultaneously.
• Determine process health metrics and key performance indicators and develop data visualization reports illustrating process health.
• Identify process improvement opportunities and gather user requirements with key internal customers.
• Develop and implement scalable, data-driven process improvement/automated solutions.
• Develop standard operating procedures, change/communication plans, and project/program-level status updates.
• Drive adoption with internal customers through effective change management.
• Anticipate potential issues and risks, and escalate appropriately and in a timely manner.
• Remain flexible to changing priorities and open to new ideas.
• Keep the customer experience as the primary focus.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Economics, or STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics) fields.
• 3+ years of experience in program management, project management, or similar business experience in large-scale, complex environments.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite, Visio, SharePoint and Project.
• Master of Science, MBA or equivalent degree.
• Experience in Amazon Projects and/or AWS Revolution
• Experience in Tableau
• Experience in Critical Path Method for Project Management
• Experience in Earned Value Management for Infrastructure Projects
• Excellent organization skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong negotiation and contracting skills.
• High attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
• Comfort with ambiguity; ability to be flexible in a rapidly changing environment.
• Proven track record of earning trust, taking ownership, and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles required for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top