The AWS Infrastructure Data Center Supply Solutions team is looking for a Technical Program Manager to partner with teams across the organization to plan, evaluate and develop business cases for data center and network de-scaling projects, and to develop planning programs that optimize how AWS scales its existing infrastructure regions. This person will need to be a have strong communication skills and can work independently in a highly ambiguous environment.
The Data Center Supply Solutions (DCSS) team supports AWS by planning and executing scaling strategies for AWS's global data center network. As a Technical Program Manager on DCSS's portfolio optimization team, you will plan data center projects and initiatives that mitigate customer impacting risks and reduce long term operating costs across AWS's infrastructure regions. You will also act as a subject matter expert on how the organization plans and executes infrastructure de-scaling projects through deep understanding of the process required to enable smooth migration while ensuring minimal impact these projects have on the cost and risk profiles of each infrastructure region.
A successful candidate will be someone with a good technical understanding of data center and networking infrastructure, AWS service architecture, and infrastructure capacity planning while having a good eye on business analysis and value addition. Key skills for the role include an extraordinary ability to deal with ambiguity, to network effectively and influence partner teams without authority, to overcome unforeseen obstacles, and a passion for developing a deep understanding of AWS's service and infrastructure architecture. This role is a highly analytical and requires a technical understanding of data center and networking infrastructure.
• Plan data center de-scaling projects in order to optimize AWS's infrastructure regions from availability, cost, and risk perspectives.
• Understand both technical and business components of AWS's infrastructure network in order to plan projects that drive cost reductions and mitigate availability risks.
• Support functional programs that improve how AWS scales its infrastructure regions and drive scaling plan alignment across infrastructure teams.
• Conduct analysis that support optimal supply scaling across AWS's data center network, including increasing availability, reducing/avoiding cost and mitigating technical/operational risks.
• Understand longer term cost drivers specific to data center infrastructure and lead projects to reduce or eliminate them.
• Drive alignment of Infra teams' scaling plans in existing regions to avoid costs and take advantage of alignment opportunities
• Act as a subject matter expert on supply planning matters related to the organization's data center portfolio.
• Support continual process improvement initiatives and lead projects related to operational efficiency, team effectiveness and new value added activities.
• Provide ad-hoc support and analysis to senior leaders on strategy documents and research requests.
• 5+ years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: data center or network capacity planning, data center or network infrastructure program/project management, or related technical experience.
• Proven experience leading projects and initiatives related to planning infrastructure development, infrastructure expansion and/or infrastructure capacity planning in technical environments.
• BS/BA degree in Infrastructure Planning & Mgmt, Supply Chain Mgtmt, and/or Finance, or related domain experience.
• 7+ years of demonstrable experience in one or more of the following areas: data center or network capacity planning, data center or network infrastructure program/project management, cloud application program management, or related technical experience.
• Advanced degree in Infrastructure Planning & Mgmt, Supply Chain Mgtmt, and/or Finance, or related domain experience.
• Experience related data center and networking infrastructure, or similar technical infrastructure domains.
• Exceptional project and program management skills with capacity to manage a large number competing priorities simultaneously and work to tight deadlines
• Experience developing financial models related to analyzing infrastructure projects and/or investments.
• Proficiency in SQL and data analytics tools
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is a committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.