Data Center Command and Control Engineer
- Denver, CO
At Amazon, we're working to be the most customer-centric company on earth! Amazon is a place where builders can build. We hire the world's brightest minds and offer them an environment in which they can invent and innovate to improve the experience for our customers. If you'd like to help us build a place where you can find and buy anything online, this is the job for you.
The Data Center Global Engineering Operations organization is looking for an individual with proven and tested leadership skills to help bring to fruition a newly developed Global Continuity Center (GCC). The GCC is responsible for 24X7 monitoring of the data center's physical infrastructure and will serve as a facilitator for all Large Scale Events (LSEs) and Critical Site Events (CSEs). This role will also serve as a central monitoring location for the facility electrical and mechanical systems. This team will ensure that the customer experience will be optimal and gratifying by way of consistency, reliability and attention to detail.
The ideal candidate will need to have an understanding of data center IT infrastructure and data center facilities infrastructure and how the two entities co-exist. The successful candidate will be responsible for providing assistance and support to the onsite team. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels. Qualified candidates must also have experience functioning in a large-scale data center and have demonstrated and displayed the ability to think outside of the box. This skill is essential, as the candidate will assist with aligning the GCC with the larger objectives of other business and peer organizations. You will need to play a role with growing the team to a standard of operational excellence.
If you are passionate about the Customer Experience, you think and act globally, and you want to contribute to the operational excellence of Amazon Data Centers, then this may be the challenge you've been looking for!
Roles, Responsibilities and Requirements (job description is not meant to be an all-inclusive statement of every duty and responsibility required):
• Monitors the global data center Amazon facilities infrastructure platform
• Serves as a Point of Contact for internal and external teams
• Assists with the development of communication and escalation protocols designed to improve the team's performance
• Contributes to outage post mortem analysis
• Ensures records are updated in a timely manner
• Assists with coordination and communication during emergency recovery efforts
• Assists with the development of tools that will enhance the team's performance
The ability to support a 24X7 environment (This is shift work which may require that you work weekends and holidays).
This position requires that the candidate selected be a US Citizen and obtain and maintain an active TS/SCI security clearance with polygraph.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
The pay range for this position in Colorado is $24.66 - $43.22/hr; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon's internal or external careers site.
• 1+ years of experience working with Computerized Maintenance Management Systems (CMMS)
• Current, active US Government Security Clearance of Top Secret or above
• 3+ years of Electrical or Mechanical Experience
. 1+ years of experience working with Building and/or Electrical Platform Management Systems
• 3+ Years' Experience in Data Center Engineering/ Operations
• 3+ years' experience working in a large-scale data center
• 3+ years' experience in a NOC (Network Operations Center)
• Professional traits that are not unique to this position, but necessary for success at Amazon:
Strong verbal and written communication skills
. Strong Microsoft Office skills (Word, Excel, Access)
• Ability to communicate with senior leaders
• Ability to maintain SLAs through the implementation of proactive issue detection and reporting tools
• Ability to follow and complete support procedures, system documentation, and issue tracking entries
• Strong customer focus approach and perspective
• Exhibit excellent judgment
• High standards - never satisfied with the status quo
• Able to dive deep and never be out of touch with the details of the business or the technology
• Strive for innovation and simplification
• Strong results orientation and able to think big
• A strong desire to work in a dynamic environment
• Root cause analysis and complex problem solving skills
• Able to translate business requirements into technical specifications
• Have a personal emphasis toward highly available and scalable global solutions
• Shows good judgment and instincts in decision making
• Ability to prioritize in a complex environment
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top