Data Associate with French and Dutch
- Atlanta, GA
Interested in Alexa? We are looking for Data Analyst to join our team in our Cambridge office to work on localising content for Alexa. We help Alexa understand and answer in multiple languages in the most natural way possible.
The Alexa Language Excellence team is a diverse and multicultural team of language experts that utilises knowledge of our languages and cultures in order to localise information content for Alexa. Our cultural knowledge allows us to adapt how Alexa answers or understands customers in different countries, providing culturally relevant information and responses suitable to our customers' wants and needs. Through internationalisation, we reach more customers worldwide and provide them with access to information through all Alexa-enabled devices.
Come build the future of voice recognition for Alexa with us!
We localise and translate knowledge content, follow a variety of processes using our understanding of systems related to the Alexa knowledge base. We keep in line with processes and conventions set by internal customers, think from the customer's viewpoint and use our cultural and linguistic knowledge to solve questions on how customers might interact with Alexa.
In the role you focus on following workflows with strong guidelines to make sure that the content that we are localising is understood and answered in the most natural way for your language. When you see room for improvement you escalate your ideas or concerns with the team.
You are passionate French culture and language . You are considered as a role model for your high expectations and standards and known for your ability to compromise.
As a Data Analyst, you can expect to:
• Tailor Alexa's answers to sound natural and reach quality that customers expect
• Implement workflows that allow Alexa to understand an ever greater number of questions
• Work with a team filled with diverse backgrounds and cultures
• Work with your team to create process improvements or raise the quality of our output
• Correct invalid or incorrect information in Alexa's knowledge base
• Maintain strict confidentiality and follow all applicable Amazon policies
• Work autonomously with minimal direction
What We Offer:
• Attractive and competitive salary
• Benefits package
• Regular career development discussions with your manager
• A chance to work in the growing market of cloud-based voice service
• Native-level proficiency in French and Dutch, both verbal and written skills.
• Comfortable working with speech from various dialects and accents of French and Dutch.
• Business English skills both verbal and written
• Experience with MS Office software
• Bachelor's degree in a relevant field or equivalent
• Experience working with speech or language data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data mark-up
• Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
• Willing to work with audio content (wearing headsets) for a portion of the day
• Capable of working in strict compliance with internal guidelines
• Continuous efforts to deliver the high quality data such as self-analysis
• Comfortable working in an ever-changing, highly collaborative and dynamic work environment
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build. We offer a competitive salary, we offer a whole host of other benefits, including an employee discount, private health care and pension scheme. We are committed to keeping compensation fair and equitable.
Back to top