Data Associate – Australian English
The IVONA team designs and develops web-based tools for linguistic data collection and analysis,. In our team innovation and core technologies merge to build brand new linguistic features and quality assurance capabilities to continuously improve Amazon's products.
We are seeking a Data Associate with an Australian background to join our data team. This role focuses on speech and language data, primarily in the areas of transcription, text annotation, and general data analysis deliverables. The Data Associate must be capable of:
- Transcribing and annotating high priority deliverables
- Contributing toward device interaction deliverables
- Delivering high quality under aggressive deadlines
- Translating established guidelines into daily work practices
- Working autonomously with minimum direction
- Handling unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers
- Contributing to process improvements to reduce handling time and improve output
In addition, the DA will need to quickly understand changes to conventions deployed in response to customers' requests and change workflows accordingly. The Linguist should be able to contribute to improvements in the software tools by identifying bugs and suggesting enhancements.
The DA must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy as well as show proactive behavior in addressing issues and problems.
- Proficiency in Australian English, both verbal and written skills
- Ability to work with speech from various dialects and accents
- One or more years experience as a transcriber or annotator
- Able to work with audio content (wearing headsets) for a portion of the day
- Working knowledge of computers
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience working with interaction data, including experience with annotation and other forms of data markup
- Excellent communicator and very detailed-oriented
- Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
- Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
- Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept reprioritization as necessary
- Ability to keep up with changing project conventions and new projects
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top