At Amazon Web Services (AWS), we're hiring highly technical cloud computing architects to collaborate with our customers and partners on key engagements. Our consultants will develop and deliver proof-of-concept projects, technical workshops, and support implementation projects. These professional services engagements will focus on customer solutions such as Machine Learning, IoT, HPC, Batch/Real-time Data processing, MPP systems, Data Analytics and Business Intelligence.
This role will specifically focus on large scale data warehousing and database migration capabilities. The role is to help our customers and partners to eliminate technical and economic constraints from their legacy systems and help them to leverage their data to develop business insights. AWS Professional Services engage in a wide variety of projects for customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base and are obsessed about customer success. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Expertise - Collaborate with AWS field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Redshift, Database Migration Service, Glue, EMR, Elastic Compute Cloud (EC2), S3, Relational Database Service (RDS)/aurora, and Amazon Kinesis.
• Solution - Deliver on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, generating consulting proposals, contributing to internal Area of Depth (AoD) programs, authoring AWS Data Analytics best practice blogs/whitepaper and creating packaged data service offerings.
• Delivery - Engagements include short on-site projects to assess and optimize customer's Amazon Redshift implementations and helping customers to migrate from their existing on-premises data warehouses using other databases to Amazon Redshift.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This is a customer facing role. You will be required to travel to client locations and deliver professional services when needed.
• Bachelor's degree, or equivalent experience, in Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics or a related field
• 5+ years of experience of IT platform implementation in a highly technical and analytical role.
• 5+ years of development and/or DBA experience in Relational Database Management Systems (RDBMS) including 5+ years of hands-on experience in implementation and performance tuning MPP databases (Teradata, Vertica, Netezza, Greenplum).
• Ability to drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation.
• Current hands-on implementation experience required.
• Analyze on-premise OLTP database environments such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL and/or Postgres, as well as MPP analytic databases (Teradata, Netezza, Vertica and Greenplum).
• Consult for optimal design of database environments, analyzing complex distributed production deployments, and making recommendations to optimize performance.
• Develop innovative solutions to complex business and technology problems.
• Ability to evaluate and plan migrations to Amazon Redshift.
• One of the AWS Associate level certifications or AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner.
• Extensive hands on experience in leading large-scale full-cycle MPP enterprise data warehousing (EDW) projects.
• Industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
• Extensive hands on experience in data warehousing design, tuning and ETL/ELT process development.
• Excellent SQL and strong hands-on scripting (bash, perl or python) ability.
• Experience implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP databases, NoSQL storage, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
• Knowledge of Cloud Computing, AWS services such as EC2, S3, VPC and Redshift.
• Ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges in an enterprise environment.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Hear directly from employees about what it's like to work at Amazon.