Do you like helping customers implement innovative healthcare solutions and solve technical and business challenges using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have experience implementing systems that handle healthcare data and the consultative and leadership skills to launch a project on a trajectory to success?
Are you familiar with security best practices and compliance standards for healthcare applications? Do you want to be part of the team helping to establish Amazon Web Services as a leading technology platform for healthcare? Would you like to be part of a team that genuinely focuses on understanding what's best for the customer and also be valued within as a technical expert?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a skilled and motivated Professional Services Data Architect with experience of architecting for data to help accelerate our growing Health Care and Life Sciences business in the UK by working with our public sector customers in the health service and life sciences industry. Cloud Technology presents a real opportunity to transform healthcare service, innovate in life sciences such as genomics, and increase organisational operational efficiencies, and we need passionate, experienced consultants to help our customers realise those benefits.
Candidates will have a balance of technical and consulting skills and experience, enabling them to work with business as well as IT leaders, software developers and architects to shape Professional Services engagements. You will be passionate about leveraging the richness of the computing platform to position and deliver the right technology solutions and address changing industry needs. Our consultants deliver proof-of-concept projects, workshops and architecture assessments, provide advisory services and lead projects working with customers and partners.
You will enjoy building and expanding your technical skills, and using these to help customers understand how to architect and implement systems and applications with . You will be comfortable working alongside partners, including systems integrators and Independent Software Providers (ISVs), to deliver the best possible customer outcomes. You will be happy to roll up your sleeves, get stuck into the detail of systems, create demos and proof-of-concepts, and generally do what it takes to achieve success for customers on the platform.
• Expertise - Collaborate with field sales, pre-sales, training and support teams to help partners and customers learn and use AWS services such as Lake Formation, Amazon Aurora, Amazon Data Pipeline, Amazon Athena, Glue, Amazon S3, Amazon DynamoDB, Amazon Relational Database Service (RDS), Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Kinesis, and Amazon Redshift. Experience in architecture, software design and operations in hybrid environments as well as projects at scale.
• Solutions - Demonstrated consulting skills, ideally through previous roles and delivery of on-site technical engagements with partners and customers. This includes participating in pre-sales on-site visits, understanding customer requirements, creating consulting proposals and creating packaged data solution offerings.
• Delivery - Engagements will include onsite projects proving the use of database, data and analytics solutions across on-premises and cloud environments. Customer are looking to migrate existing solutions as well as the develop new architectures and applications in the cloud. Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to work effectively across internal and external organisations.
• Insights - Work with engineering and support teams to convey partner and customer needs and feedback as input to technology roadmaps. Share real world challenges and recommend new capabilities that would simplify adoption and drive greater value from the use of AWS services. Experience, or a desire to work in the UK public sector, specifically in Healthcare and Life Sciences
• Push the envelope computing is reducing the historical "IT constraint" on businesses. Imagine bold possibilities and work with our clients and partners to find innovative new ways to satisfy business needs through database innovation, big data and business intelligence. Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience, or a desire to work in, the UK public sector and specifically within healthcare
• BA/BSc degree or equivalent experience; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred.
• 5+ years' experience of designing and implementing database solutions in a technical role, using major database platforms such as Oracle, SQL Server, MySQL or PostgreSQL
• Familiar with one or more cloud platforms
• Customer facing and consulting skills to represent within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation. Ability to interact with Executive level stakeholders, as well as the people within their organisations.
• Proven track record of thinking strategically about business, product, and technical challenges whilst designing and delivering innovating solutions in an enterprise environment.
• Experience with on-premises, hybrid and cloud database technologies, data ingestion, data storage, real-time processing and analytics
• Ability to travel to client locations when needed (UK)
• Masters in Computer Science
• Hands on experience leading large-scale data related and/or database projects.
• Understanding of database and analytical technologies in the industry including MPP and NoSQL databases, Data Warehouse design, BI reporting and Dashboard development.
• Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of database, data warehousing or data sciences.
• Implementation and tuning experience of Big Data solutions specifically using Amazon Web Services.
• Track record of implementing services in a variety of distributed computing, enterprise environments.