The Amazon Web Services Threat Intel Group (ATIG) is responsible for developing actionable intelligence on large scale fraud and abuse actors leveraging AWS. We collect indicators and intelligence from a variety of internal and external sources and use that information to develop an understanding of cybercrime actors and their tools, techniques, and procedures. We then leverage that understanding to proactively identify and mitigate large scale malicious activity within AWS.
You will analyze telemetry data to identify signals indicative of large scale fraud and abuse. You will help enhance our capabilities by formulating new analytic techniques and working across teams to drive the supporting capabilities. We seek candidates with a deep understanding of current cybercrime and fraud actors and TTPs and experience performing question-driven analysis. You have a solid understanding of network and host based indicators and how to best leverage them. You are able to script and help automate recurring tasks to improve the overall effectiveness of the team. An understanding of operating systems internals will be an asset.
Key responsibilities include:
• Perform deep dive analysis of potentially malicious artifacts.
• Pursue actionable intelligence on cybercrime threats as they relate to AWS.
• Translate actor TTPs into actionable data points to reduce overall fraud and abuse activity in AWS
• Analyze large structured and unstructured data sets to identify trends and anomalies indicative of malicious activities.
• Create security techniques and automation for internal use that enable the team to operate at high speed and broad scale.
• Periodic on-call responsibilities.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren't focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we're happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well balanced lifeboth in and outside of work.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• BS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering, or 5+ years equivalent technology experience.
• 2 years experience with tracking cybercrime and fraud groups and other high grade threats.
• 2 years experience in system, network, and/or application security.
• 2 years experience building automated tools in C, C++, Python, PowerShell, or Bash
• 2 years experience in either incident response or active tracking of cyber criminal activity
• 1 year experience with SQL or other query languages
• MS degree in Computer Science, MIS, Computer Engineering
• 5+ years of experience in cybercrime and fraud research and analysis.
• Strong understanding of Windows, Linux, and or OS X internals
• Experience with malware analysis, network flow analysis and large scale data analysis.
• Experience with AWS services.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity for this role
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.