Customs Compliance Strategy Manager
- Westborough, MA
Are you inspired by invention? Is problem solving through teamwork in your DNA? We apply advances in robotics and software to solve real-world problems that delight our customers' experiences in ways we can't even imagine yet.
Amazon Robotics is located in the greater Boston area, the epicenter of robotics innovation. Our diverse team of engineers come from all over the world to design, test and build our dynamic fleet of robots and mechatronic systems. Having our offices, labs, test floors and factories all co-located means that we can design the hardware, write the code, test, build and watch it all come to life. This allows us to innovate quickly and on limitless ideas. Current advancements are underway in autonomous movement and mobility, artificial intelligence and machine learning, manipulation, simulation, robotic management software, predictive analytics, and much more.
The Amazon Robotics Operations and Supply Chain organization sources and manufactures a portfolio of robotics technology globally and is responsible for moving the right materials to the right place at the right time in a compliant manner to support our network of global fulfillment and transportation solutions. It's an operation, driven by data and metrics that works cross-functionally with teams across Amazon globally. The Supply Chain team is seeking a proven leader of global compliance programs, people and automation projects in the compliance space to lead a new team.
This new global role, reporting to the global head of Logistics, will be responsible for leading a team to ensure that our robotic and automation technology is delivered to our customers in a manner that is compliant with applicable trade laws, while moving at the speed and scale our business demands. You will engage throughout the supply chain and product development process to advise, create, implement and monitor compliant processes, tools and metrics, while actively supporting and fostering a culture of inclusion.
Working closely with the Commodity Management, Purchasing, Logistics, Engineering, and Global Trade Services teams, the successful candidate will drive global trade compliance to be a strategic advantage implementing sustainable, automated and auditable functions. For new products, you will provide the business with critical SME knowledge and analyses on many topics to support the seamless transition from beta to full production, including supplier guidance and landed cost analysis. To maintain compliance in line with growth in the long term, you will build, own, maintain, and continuously improve global processes and tools.
• Bachelor's degree in Business, Operations, Supply Chain Management, Engineering, or related field.
• Demonstrated experience in creating compliance structure and processes for complex business functions, and driving continuous improvement.
• Ability to create and utilize metrics and reporting to define program health and progress.
• Program management and effective oral and written communication skills. Self-starter and independent thinker
• Demonstrated ability to prioritize and manage multiple stakeholders, while meeting responsibilities, and delivering multiple first-of-their-kind programs with aggressive schedules
• 2+ years of people management
• Masters Degree from an accredited institution with International Business focus
• Experience creating and implementing an internal audit program
• Experience working with PLM Systems (preferably Agile) and ERP Systems (preferably Oracle EBS), proficient in using Microsoft Office tools
• Experience working in a progressive, high growth, high change environment
• Experience working with Tableau analytics
• ASCM CSCP or related Certification
• Import and Export customs experience, preferably as a current Licensed Customs broker with 8+ years of brokerage and compliance experience
• Advanced compliance training (CTPAT, ACE), Masters or Law degree preferred
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Back to top