Customer Solutions Manager, US Federal Civilian
- Herndon, VA
At Amazon Web Services (AWS) we are changing the future of IT. As part of the core AWS account team you, the Customer Solutions Manager, will help our customers to arrive in that future. You will work across AWS teams and apply your technical and program management expertise to some of the most complex and challenging technology problems today.
Roles and Responsibilities
As a Customer Solutions Manager (CSM), you will have the opportunity to work closely with AWS Federal customers as they work towards solutions that support Federal missions. Through collaboration with AWS sales, solutions architecture, software development and service teams you will help to deliver the best solutions with efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all stakeholders to define needs, identify appropriate resources, set goals, track and report progress, develop schedules, and communicate to all necessary parties. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide critical issue management, balance trade-offs, and encourage risk-taking to maximize business value. You will evangelize on behalf of AWS and influence customers to allocate the appropriate resources to achieve their goals.
A successful candidate apires to possess the ability to think critically, be self-motivated, and deal with large amounts of ambiguity. You should bring a cool head, solid technical background, be detail oriented, have excellent problem solving abilities, and be an exemplary communicator. You will leverage this unique skill set to influence your team's decisions and help drive secure and robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and love contributing to a team goal.
• Must be able to have an intermediate-level conversation around the foundational AWS services within Federal agency context; Compute, Storage, and Security.
• The ability to deal with ambiguity and a changing environment, as well as a rapid work pace.
• This position requires that the candidate selected be a U.S. citizen
• Must be willing to pass the Certified Solution Architect, Associate within the first year of employment.
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
• 10+ years leading complex IT programs with large-scale impact.
• 5+ years working with U.S. Federal customers.
• 2+ years in a client facing role within a Federal Program.
• 1+ years of direct experience implementing AWS/cloud services.
• Bachelor's degree in STEM field, or equivalent experience.
• AWS Certification: either AWS Certified Cloud Practitioner or Certified Solution Architect, Associate.
• A proven track record of being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow through on projects.
• Ability to work with both technical and non-technical individuals.
• PMP or related project management certification, or equivalent experience.
• Experience with Agile methodology.
• Effective written and oral communication with multiple levels of leadership involving both business and technical sides of the business.
• Maturity, judgment, negotiation/influence skills, analytical skills, and leadership skills.
• Ability to credibly coordinate between project teams and customers to meet unique customer requirements.
• Fluency and comfort with business applications such as Word, Excel and Project.
• Demonstrated ability to work across cross-functional teams to deliver complex IT solutions.
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's leadership principles requirements for this role
• Meets/exceeds Amazon's functional/technical depth and complexity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
For more information on Amazon Web Services please visit: http://aws.amazon.com/
Back to top