Customer Solutions Manager - Global Financial Services
- New York, NY
Are you passionate about shaping the future of the financial services industry by translating customer's objectives to actions that realize long-term value through innovation? Do you have the business and technical savvy to earn trust with C-level executives and project team members alike? Have you delivered transformations for large enterprises with global operations, operating as multi-layered hierarchical organizations with complex stakeholder landscapes and decision-making processes?
At AWS we value critical thinking, self-motivation, and the ability to deal with ambiguity. You are detail oriented, have excellent problem-solving abilities, and an exemplary communicator. Your technical expertise and operational excellence will influence your decisions and help drive robust customer solutions. We love people who innovate, use data to make decisions, and can express themselves thoughtfully. We want you to be passionate about delivering a great customer experience, and to love to reach and exceed goals.
As a trusted customer advocate, you will help large global financial services organizations understand best practices around adopting advanced cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. Together with them, you will have the opportunity to help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare and broad use of AWS within financial services firms. We are also looking for individuals with a demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, products, and delivery challenges.
As an AWS Customer Solutions Manager (CSM), you will establish a deep understanding of your customer's business vision, culture and processes. You will lead the successful adoption of AWS, guiding customers through the people, process, and technology facets of their cloud transformation journey. You will serve as the customer's cloud journey coach and voice of customer within AWS, evangelizing customer needs to AWS leadership, product, and engineering teams. You leverage your communication, program management, technical, operations, and transformation acumen to understand your customer's strategic goals, translate them into an executable plan, and deliver successful, often industry changing, customer outcomes on AWS.
Successful candidates are motivated by the customer's long-term success, have a mix of technical and business expertise, are data and detail driven, and have experience delivering large-scale programs. You are a proven leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and team levels. You collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, while navigating across geographical and organizational boundaries. You are a natural problem solver who steers ambiguity and leads autonomously.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES:
Customer Solutions Managers (CSMs) are obsessed with accelerating our customer's cloud adoption and driving value from investments in the cloud. CSMs have ownership of customers' cloud enablement / adoption readiness, driving migrations at scale, leading digital transformations, and benefit/ value realization for AWS customers.
For effective adoption of AWS, CSMs focus on driving customers' people and operating model change. CSMs ensure customer leaders have sufficient knowledge of AWS and establish an education strategy to up-skill technical and non-technical roles across the customer's organization. CSM's work closely with customer stakeholders, to define their cloud's business case, establish a vision / roadmap for their cloud program. CSMs are customer advocates, driving resolution of blockers to migrations and new solutions on AWS by delivering successful proof of concepts and creating paths towards value realization.
For migration success, digital transformation and value realization, CSMs work backwards from the customers' cloud business case and defines the customer's cloud migration/ digital transformation strategy which guides people, process and operating model changes for customer success. CSMs defines a detailed plan which includes key milestones collectively owned by Customer, AWS and Partner teams. CSMs partner with our customers to install and mature their Cloud Business Office capabilities, accelerate migrations and broader adoption of AWS at scale. CSMs work with our customers to establish the Cloud Leadership team and broader governance structures to effectively govern both our partnership with the customer, and the customer's adoption of AWS. With a focus on accelerating adoption, CSMs drive the effective use of mechanisms to improve migration velocity and customers' ability to operate business applications at scale on AWS, reducing the customer's time to benefit.
The primary focus for a CSM, is serving as the cloud change agent for our customers, bringing structure, programmatic discipline and thought leadership to drive forward migration readiness, migration velocity and digital transformation/ modernization. CSMs balance bringing best practice AWS learnings to the customer, with the freedom to explore to find innovative ways to help tailor existing learnings and/or build something new that is more relevant and impactful to our customer needs on AWS. Ultimately, the CSM is driven by making sure the customer realizes their goals and ambition on AWS, key obstacles are rapidly unblocked enabling the customers cloud journey to efficient.
CSMs are measured on customer's success of cloud adoption, based on:
• cloud enablement capabilities installed to drive customers' People and Operating Model change for effective adoption of AWS. Including, training strategy to upskill technical and non-technical roles across the customer's organization.
• workloads migrated to AWS, new customer solutions built on AWS, and by the breadth of AWS services employed by the customer.
• customer engagement effectiveness, including writing effective briefing documents and establishing key relationships with stakeholders to drive migrations at scale.
• establishing and managing an outcome-driven adoption plan to realize customer's account vision and strategy while reporting on customer maturity and adoption progress.
• 5+ years of experience delivering technology initiatives including 2+ years of customer-facing experience delivering technology programs.
• Cross-functional leadership, collaboration, operations and data-driven problem solving
• SCRUM/Agile, PMP, Prince2, PgMP, Six Sigma, SAFe certified or related experience
• Bachelor's degree or equivalent practical experience
• AWS Certification(s) with experience delivering AWS and/or other cloud services
• Executive presence and communication skills (listening, verbal, written, and presentation) including digital strategy, business case, architecture design, execution planning, progress updates, risk management, resource allocation, metrics establishment / tracking, technical content and public speaking.
• Experience working with global financial services customers (Banking, Payments, Capital Markets, Insurance)
• Versed in Software DevOps and Cloud Operating Models
• Experience working within a public cloud sales organization
• MBA degree or equivalent
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer, and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Back to top