Customer Practice Manager
- United States
The Amazon Web Services Professional Services Partner team is looking for a Customer Practice Manager (CPM) who can lead and/or support significant Strategic Professional Services customer programs with our Global System Integrator (GSI) Partners during the solution and pursuit stages, develop a long-term Professional Services GSI go to market strategy and execute that strategy with our joint customers in the Americas Segment. The CPM is a trusted advisor for our GSI Partners and the role includes all aspects of business development, deal structuring, deal support and closure in those accounts. This role will also be responsible for creating collaborative teaming mechanisms that help our GSI partners and Professional Services co sell, co deliver and build joint offerings together.
AWS Professional Services engages in a wide variety of projects with customers and partners, providing collective experience from across the AWS customer base. We are obsessed about successful outcomes for the Customer. Our team collaborates across the entire AWS organization to bring access to product and service teams, to get the right solution delivered at the right time, and drive feature innovation based upon customer needs.
• Engage partners - collaborate with AWS sales and AWS Professional Services teams to develop strong partner executive relationships and build a growing business and drive AWS adoption with the GSI.
• Enable cloud transformation - develop long term Cloud Strategy with the partner, identify & develop specific opportunities and supporting business cases, manage issues and risks
• Support the commercial relationship - plan and implement a portfolio of projects, including budget & deliverable responsibilities, drive proposal construction, including estimations and deal pricing, conduct contract negotiations & execute contracts
• Be an advocate - work with AWS engineering teams to convey partner and enterprise customer feedback as input to AWS technology roadmaps
• Think big - ability to assess customer marketplace circumstances, organizational readiness, and C-level sponsor willingness to initiate conversations that lead to broader strategic transformation programs, construct large, complex multi-month programs which include multiple ProServe engagement services and go to market opportunities.
• BA/BS degree or equivalent experience;
• 15+ years of consulting sales and/or management experience, with demonstrated business and technical customer transformation experience in customer and partner facing roles
• Demonstrated ability to work creatively and analytically in meeting customer needs
• A proven track record of selling and managing large-scale enterprise IT consulting projects
• 5+ years Partner and Channel relationship management
• Ability to travel to client locations services as needed
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
• Outstanding customer relationship management experience and collaboration skills
• Vertical industry sales and delivery experience of cloud services and solutions
• Ability to structure deals to address customer's business and technical challenges
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Experience with design of modern, scalable delivery models for technology consulting services
• Understanding of infrastructure-as-a-service (IaaS) cloud computing transition challenges
• Business development experience including complex agreements w/ integrators and ISVs
• Professional services sales and delivery experience with F500 enterprise customers and partners
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including group leadership and executive presentations.
Back to top