Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for experienced and motivated business-oriented technologists who possess a unique balance of business knowledge, effective interpersonal skills, and some technological depth in one or more of the following areas: analytics/big data and internet of things. This role will focus on supporting customers looking to enhance their business or operational outcomes through the use of advanced and emerging technologies.
You will partner with customers, AWS Sales, AWS service teams, and AWS industry teams to craft industry-specific programs that will serve the needs of the customer, and extend that use to other customers within the industry and related industries. You will leverage and refine a programmatic approach to help customers drive their business metrics across a set of industry-specific needs. As a trusted customer advocate, the Customer Intelligence (CI) Strategist will assess and deliver best practices around program delivery, project approaches, and business measurement. The ability to connect business value to a scalable, repeatable, extensible approach is critical to the CI Strategist role.
• Exercise and extend the approach (business, organizational, technical) and ultimate success around industry-specific programs
• Discuss complex industry-specific business concepts with executives, line managers and technologists
• Engage with various AWS teams, including solutions architects, business development, marketing, industry specialists, partners and regional organizations
• Drive large, complex sales opportunities to closure and through delivery
• Ensure customer success in ideating and deploying programs on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS and participate in deep business discussions to ensure solutions are designed to capture business value and drive the intended success metrics
• Conduct workshop sessions to identify opportunities with our customers considering or already using AWS
• Capture and operationalize best-practice knowledge for enterprises that wish to drive advanced technologies and industry solutions more holistically (e.g., deploying a customer center of excellence)
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
• Build deep relationships with senior individuals within customers to enable them to be advocates of the industry and advanced technology solutions
• Act as a business liaison between customers, services, technologists and support
• Make meaningful contributions to deep business discussions
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
• 5+ years of experience in the industry as a practitioner or executive
• Experience with writing communications such as strategy papers or white papers
• Experience with communicating across both internal and external organizations
• Experience participating in the sales lifecycle (directly or indirectly)
• Experience in management consulting or related work
• Bachelor's degree (Business or Technical)
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Participated in the product management and marketing lifecycles (directly or indirectly)
• Created industry-specific thought leadership
• Dynamic and creative, and willing to take on any challenge and make a big impact
• Passion for educating, training, designing, and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of customers ranging from midsized organizations to Fortune 100 customers
• Enjoy working with customers of all shapes and sizes
• Excellent understanding of industry-specific large-scale solutions
• Experience working as an industry practitioner, delivery lead, or industry executive
• Ability to keep your existing business and technical skills honed and developing new ones
• Advanced degree desired (e.g., MBA, MS)
• Experience launching technically complex programs, projects, or related work that include the following: big data, analytics, internet of things, and machine learning
• Experience with presenting to audiences of 5 to 50 people of various levels (developers to executives) and backgrounds (business, technical, operations)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at 122,300 yr. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.