Customer Delivery Solution Architect - Chengdu/Chongqing/Xi'an
- Chengdu, China
This specific variant of the Customer Delivery Architect role will focus on a segment of our customer base that has a unique characteristic - these customers haven't yet fully adopted the AWS platform! As a CDA focused on these "Greenfield" accounts, it will be your opportunity to introduce these accounts to all the possibilities that the AWS Cloud provides to them, in partnership with a Customer Practice Manager focused on the same outcome working with you directly.
AWS Professional Services team members leverage their deep knowledge of AWS technologies in collaboration with our sales and partner teams to propose, architect, and implement transformational solutions for customers. Helping make customer success a reality using AWS cloud as an enabler and seeing the impact in real-time drives our teams to explore new frontiers in leveraging AWS for our customers.
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with a Professional Services leaders to dive deep into a customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique hybrid of AWS platform expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
• • BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• Hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• 10 + years of IT implementation experience
• Customer facing experience in customer's environment and experience driving discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required, commensurate modern certifications AWS, Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
• 7+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
• 10+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
• 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
Experience architecting/operating solutions built on AWS
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives, IT Management, developers and business leaders
• Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
• Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Delivering IT Strategy & Consulting services
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets.
• Enterprise IT management frameworks (e.g. ITIL v3 processes).
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications.
• Designing, building, and operating global IT infrastructures.
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects.
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an interpreter or any support on-site, please inform our team.
Back to top