Customer Delivery Architect - Mainframe Migration
- Seattle, WA
Are you an IT leader who has led successful business-IT transformation initiatives at a Global a Global 2000 company? Have you helped financial institutions build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical applications off of the mainframe?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Professional Services group to help lead mainframe modernization and application refactoring engagements with the world's largest Financial Institutions and Financial Services ISVs.
With a deep understanding of your customer's business, culture, processes, and technology environment, you will you will lead engagements from the proposal creation stage to project delivery planning. You will use your deep knowledge of the mainframe technologies and programming languages to analyze existing mainframe workloads and develop migration approaches, estimates, and action plans. To be successful in this role you must have prior experience with migrating and modernizing workloads from mainframe environments to UNIX/Linux systems or the Cloud. We are seeking outcome-driven and customer-obsessed experts who are passionate about:
• Engaging deeply with C-level executives to define and execute these enterprise-level transformation programs.
• Creating compelling business cases for the transition to the cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Developing migration project proposals with a clearly articulated plan of action, effort estimates and delivery timelines.
• Developing strategic relationships with AWS technology and systems integrator partners focusing on Mainframe Modernization.
Financial Institutions and Financial Services Independent Software Vendors (ISVs) are rebuilding business-critical legacy applications to fully leverage the Amazon Web Services (AWS) platform. At AWS, we're hiring senior IT leaders in our LATAM Professional Services Practice to help lead mainframe modernization and application refactoring engagements with the world's largest Financial Institutions and Financial Services ISVs.
• BS level technical degree or 5 years of relevant professional experience.
• 15+ years of experience designing and developing mission-critical, large-scale transaction processing and batch applications on IBM Mainframe systems including at least 5 years as a hands-on application or systems programmer.
• Knowledge o JCL (Job Control Language) and one or more programming languages such as COBOL, PL/I and Assembler.
• Knowledge of IBM middleware such as CICS, DB2, IMS DB, IMS DC and Adabas/Natural.
• Prior experience leading mainframe application modernization initiatives.
• Ability to communicate fluently in English and Spanish, in technical and business settings (verbal and written).
• Ability to travel 40% of time or as needed for customer engagement.
• Work experience in Banking, Payments, Insurance or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
• Experience in leading the assessment, discovery and planning phases of mainframe migration projects.
• Experience with mainframe data migration, and with integrating distributed systems applications with applications on the mainframe.
• Experience with tools for mainframe code analysis, code re-hosting or emulation.
• Knowledge of cloud computing technologies.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top