Customer Delivery Architect - Global Financial Services
- Berlin, Germany
Are you an IT leader who has led successful business-IT transformation initiatives at a Global Financial Services company? Have you helped financial institutions build new capabilities and drive savings by migrating mission-critical workloads to the Cloud?
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Global Financial Services Professional Services group.
With a deep understanding of your customer's business, culture, processes, and technology environment, you will guide strategic professional services engagements at your customers to success. Successful candidates will have business development, pre-sales, solutions architecture, and technical program management background, be detail driven, and have experience in managing virtual teams to deliver complex programs. You are a passionate leader with the ability to gain stakeholder buy-in, communicate confidently at both the executive and project team level, and collaborate with a wide range of technical and non-technical teams, regardless of geographical or organizational boundaries.
The CDA role is customer-facing. CDAs are members of the AWS customer account team, and travel to customer locations is required.
Roles and Responsibilities:
• In partnership with the Professional Services account manager, formulate and execute strategies to accelerate customer outcomes through AWS Professional Services engagements.
• Engage with customer business and IT executives to define and execute enterprise-level cloud transformation programs and help create compelling business cases for the transition to the Cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Lead pre-sales architectural discussions and design workshops with customers, and understand customer's technical requirements deeply.
• Develop Professional Services project proposals and SOWs, and work with Professional Services account managers to develop detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
• Guide and manage the delivery of strategic professional services engagements.
• Form strategic relationships with AWS technology and Systems Integrator partners.
• Technology leadership experience in the financial services industry, or customer-facing technical leadership roles servicing the financial services industry.
• 10+ years leading teams in infrastructure, database, data warehousing, software development, and enterprise architecture disciplines.
• 5+ years leading the implementation of enterprise-scale IT programs.
• Practical knowledge of Agile project management and software development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe.
• Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure.
• Bachelor's Degree in STEM or equivalent experience
• Work experience in Banking, Capital Markets, Payments, Insurance, or other segments within the Financial Services Industry.
• In-depth knowledge of one or more Financial Services domains such as Payment processing, Core Banking, Core Insurance, Front and Middle Office Trading, Enterprise Risk Management, and Anti Financial Crime.
• Exposure to Financial Services Governance, Compliance, and Risk management requirements covering security and privacy.
• One or more certifications in Project Management or Enterprise Architecture frameworks such as SAFE, PRINCE2, or TOGAF.
• Experience leading cloud migrations and cloud-native software development for mission-critical financial services applications.
• Experience with mainframe modernization initiatives.
Back to top