Customer Delivery Architect - Cloud Consulting
- Flexible / Remote
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is hiring senior-level Customer Delivery Architects (CDA) in our Customer Segment Professional Services group.
The Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a new growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with the Professional Services leadership to dive deep into enterprise customer's business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique hybrid of AWS platform expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have thirteen employee-led affinity groups, reaching 85,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon's culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 16 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life harmony. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here. We are a customer-obsessed organizationleaders start with the customer and work backwards. They work vigorously to earn and keep customer trust. As such, this is a customer facing role in a hybrid delivery model. Project engagements include remote delivery methods and onsite engagement that will include travel to customer locations as needed.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we're building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
The CDA role is customer-facing. CDA's are members of the AWS customer segment team, and travel to customer locations is required.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• In partnership with the Professional Services customer practice manager, formulate and execute strategies to accelerate customer outcomes through AWS Professional Services engagements.
• Engage with customer business and IT executives to define and execute enterprise-level cloud transformation programs and help create compelling business cases for the transition to the Cloud by identifying motivators and drivers that unlock business value for our customers.
• Lead pre-sales architectural discussions and design workshops with customers, and understand customer's technical requirements deeply.
• Develop Professional Services project proposals and SOWs, and work with Professional Services account managers to develop detailed task plans, effort estimates, and delivery timelines.
• Guide and manage the delivery of strategic professional services engagements.
• Form strategic relationships with AWS technology and Systems Integrator partners.
• 10+ years of design, implementation, or consulting experience with distributed applications
• 10+ years of architecture experience in infrastructure, databases, or application development
• Broad-based understanding of cloud platform services, cloud-native architectures, and cloud infrastructure
• Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
• Practical knowledge of Agile project management and software development methodologies such as Scrum and SAFe.
• 7+ years relevant experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or consulting
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud and/or operating solutions built on AWS
• Expertise in DevOps, Big Data, Machine Learning, or Serverless Computing
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with executives, IT Management, and developers
• Infrastructure automation through DevOps scripting (E.g. shell, Python, Ruby, Powershell)
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us .
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
For employees based in Colorado, this position starts at $122,300 per year. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered.
Back to top