Customer Delivery Architect
- Seattle, WA
The ISV Customer Delivery Architect (CDA) is a growth role within the Professional Services umbrella, and is principally oriented around a qualify-deliver-manage model. The CDA is responsible for partnering with a Professional Services leaders to dive deep into an ISV business challenge, to collaboratively propose and pre-qualify a particular set of outcomes that would result from a formal Professional Services engagement. Thereafter, the CDA remains meaningfully engaged with that customer, Amazon team and project/program to ensure high-value, predictable, and successful delivery.
This is not a pure consultant role, nor is it a pure selling role. It is an individual with a unique hybrid of AWS platform expertise and hands-on building, coupled with cross-industry, product development business acumen, including a heavy dose of passion for continued knowledge acquisition and growth, obsession for customers, and their success using AWS that will align well with the desired outcomes to be produced.
ProServe ISV Segment Mission Statement
As a committed partner in achievement of shared ISV Sales Segment goals, ProServe will apply hands-on capabilities in ISV accounts where a project team can meaningfully and collaboratively accelerate, expand, modernize, innovate, and drive go-to-market at scale with key workloads.
ProServe ISV Segment Value Proposition
ProServe believes that demonstrating an authentic understanding of the ISV and their customer's business today, through partnership on shared technical and business outcomes, earns AWS the customer trust necessary to play a part in reshaping their product and business for tomorrow.
In other Segments, AWS Professional Services has accelerated customer goal achievement by; 1/ helping customers assess and prepare for migrations to the AWS Cloud and; 2/ optimizing the process of legacy workload modernization in conjunction with new application development. Across Strategic ISVs, the BHAG (Big, Hairy Audacious Goal) is for AWS ProServe to become the connective fabric between an ISV's vision and the AWS Service Teams. By developing and implementing a true co-innovation strategy, ProServe will demonstrate its ability to bring the ISV's vision to market by codifying examples of tangible, relevant outcomes that have been delivered end-to-end in other accounts similar in structure and strategic focus to that of an ISV.
ROLE AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• As a key member of the Account and Professional Services ISV Go-To-Market teams, ensure success in designing, building, optimizing, transforming or otherwise migrating applications, software, and services on the AWS platform
• Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS
• Participate in deep architectural discussions and design exercises to create world-class solutions built on AWS while ensuring solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
• Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers and proof of concepts
• In partnership with the ProServe leadership and account team, formulate and execute a strategy to accelerate customer outcomes through the adoption of AWS in conjunction with Professional Services engagements
• Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
• Capture and share best-practice knowledge, sales and delivery content amongst the AWS Professional Services community
• 10+ years design/implementation/consulting experience with distributed applications
• 10+ years of experience in infrastructure architecture, database architecture, applications, and networking
• 7+ years of experience in technology/software sales, pre-sales, or technical consulting in customer-facing roles
• Proven experience with software development life cycle (SDLC) and agile/iterative methodologies required, commensurate modern certifications AWS, Agile, Scrum, SAFe, etc.
• Working knowledge of software development tools and methodologies
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Customer facing skills to represent AWS well within the customer's environment and drive discussions with senior personnel regarding trade-offs, best practices, project management and risk mitigation
• Demonstrated ability to think strategically about business, product, and technical challenges
• Highly technical and analytical, possessing 10 or more years of ISV implementation experience
• Deep hands-on experience leading the design, development and deployment of business software at scale or current hands on technology infrastructure, network, compute, storage, and virtualization experience
• Strong track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of distributed computing environments
• Integration of AWS cloud services with on-premise technologies from Microsoft, IBM, Oracle, HP, SAP etc.
• Experience with IT compliance and risk management requirements (eg. security, privacy, SOX, HIPAA etc.)
• BS level technical degree required; Computer Science or Math background preferred; MS degree desired
• Extended travel to customer locations may be required to sell and deliver professional services as needed
• Experience architecting/operating ISV/SaaS solutions built on AWS
• Presentation skills with a high degree of comfort speaking with Executives, Product Management, developers and business leaders
• Ability to understand and articulate business impact of technical decisions
• Managing executive Customer relationships and key business stakeholders.
• Delivering Product strategy & consulting services
• Enterprise Architecture Frameworks (e.g. TOGAF, Zachman) and identifying the relationships between business services, information, applications and global infrastructure assets
• Broad Enterprise systems experience including SAP, Oracle, MSFT and custom Java/.NET applications
• Designing, building, and operating ISV/SaaS processes, software architectures, software engineering and underlying infrastructures
• A proven track record of managing and delivering large-scale enterprise IT projects
• Demonstrated ability to adapt to new technologies and learn quickly
• Experience migrating or transforming legacy customer solutions to the cloud
• Willingness to travel up to 75%
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Back to top