Customer Advocacy Program Manager – Global Personas Leader
Customer Advocacy Program Manager – Global Personas Leader
Do you enjoy diving deep into a project? Do you have a passion for advocating for the customer? If so, this opportunity may be for you.
Amazon's population is continuously growing and diversifying. With that come new worker types and new demographic trends, that Amazon has not seen before. We are looking for a Senior Program Manager that will advocate for employees, the HR community and service teams by building perspective on customers and providing context to their business problems. This role will engage with service owners to look at the lifecycle of employees and dive into the voice of the customer (VOC) to better understand employees wants and needs. This role will lead a team of customer advocates and analysts responsible for building profiles and personas representing employee populations at Amazon. This role will also be responsible for managing a global centralized program and leading the long-term strategy for better understanding the unique slices of Amazon's population.
Our customers include employees across the globe, the HR community that supports employees, and the teams providing HR services to Amazon. Building segment profiles and person templates will enable customer-focused solutions and will give the customer a voice at the table where decisions are being made. This role will be responsible for the development of tools that provide insight to customer demographics, highlighting the unique needs, concerns, physical & technological environments of different populations.
This role will work directly with our data analytics, economists, diversity partners, and other stakeholders to collect and appropriately represent information about employees. Additionally the role will work with service and project teams to ensure outputs create a dynamic view of our employee population and to ensure we build solutions that our customers need.
- Influence strategy scaling solutions and services with Amazon's growth, complexity and diversity
- Support leadership by contributing information and recommendations to strategy
- Provide a customer-obsessed perspective to HR leadership
- Develop unique ways to provide Service teams with perspective on employee populations
- Understand stakeholder needs to build and manage a centralized program around personas
- Work cross functionally to identify the appropriate way to group jobs and business segments
- Ensure the voice of the customer is reflected through all program-related work
- Identify trends in customer needs and/or constraints to assist in building requirements
- Gather information on customers through collection of survey data, focus groups, and other sources
- Draft problem statements, communications, and project materials with stakeholders
Establish a center of excellence for the development of personas
Lead the exploration of complex business problems and business requirement gathering
Provide clear goals and assign project work to maximize efficiency and engagement ensuring success
Assign tasks on communicated expectations then plan, monitor, and review contributions
Acknowledge contributions of others and review actions prior to reinforcing or course correcting
Communicate to stakeholders on regularly on status of projects and risks and issues
Accomplish objectives by recruiting, selecting, training, assigning, coaching, and delegating
Through questioning, challenging, and effective collaboration, support the development of a frustration-free customer experience
- Build and maintain successful partnerships with HR Services teams, HR stakeholders, and key business sponsors across global HR Services, HROA and other HR stakeholder groups
- · 6-8 years overall relevant experience, min 5 years multiple HR domain areas
- · Ability to manage confidential and sensitive employee information and adhere to strict confidentiality standards
- · Strong analytical/problem solving skills, demonstrated success in driving complex strategies and projects
- · Outstanding organizational skills and agility, proven project management skills and a motivated self-starter
- · Concise writing skills with clear articulation of problems, relative data and recommendations
- · Proven experience and expertise in project management, process improvement, and/or HR technology within an intense fast paced customer driven environment
- · Self-starter, strong drive, bias for action and result oriented
- · Highly organized, able to prioritize and work under pressure on a number of projects at the same time
- · Enthusiastic team player with a strong drive to create a positive work environment
- · Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively convey complex information
- · Demonstrated experience in managing and influencing senior stakeholders and matrix environment
- · Excellent communication skills, ability to simplify complex topics for broad audiences
- · Bachelor's degree
- · Experience working in a shared services environment and other elements of service support such as process redesign, call center related systems and customer or user process design.
- Masters in Marketing or Business
- Proven experience leading cross-functional projects and managing company-wide programs
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt
- Confidence in dealing with senior level staff and ability to communicate in a crisp, concise and professional manner
- 2- 3 years of project management experience with scoping, leading, and delivering moderately complex projects
- Knowledge of program management lifecycle and project management tools
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top