Who We Are
Amazon was recently rated the #1 most reputable company in the US, #1 for innovation, and is frequently ranked at the top in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies experiencing the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are extremely smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
We have a team of talented engineers located in multiple locations around the world, and are growing rapidly. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Curriculum Developer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background. As a curriculum developer, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing high quality training content for technical and non-technical learning programs for AWS Support's global sites.
This role focuses on instructional design, curriculum development, and program management. This is not a training delivery role as it does not involve regular classroom delivery of training. You will play a significant role in the training and development of a successful and effective global support team.
- Collaborate effectively with AWS Service teams, subject matter experts (SMEs) and others on the AWS Support team to develop, and publish technical training content as well as non-technical curriculum.
- Use project management skills and tools to independently manage multiple small to medium scale projects from initiation through delivery.
- Design and develop learning solutions and programs applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content).
- Collaborates on the creation of learning content and team processes.
- Leverage rapid, agile development techniques and processes to create content for a rapidly changing environment. (Removed – lead process improvement)
- Develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia based assets.
- Support and incorporate use of our Knowledge Base into learning methods and strategies; support and help drive knowledge centered support methodologies.
The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth and success of AWS Support employees and our customers. Candidates will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing a wide range of large-scale training solutions. They will also have the following attributes and qualifications:
- 3 or more years of experience in a curriculum development / instructional design role or similar
- Demonstrated ability to manage small to medium projects while working cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders in IT environment
- An undergraduate degree in communication, education, design, or related field (or a technical field)
- Experience developing and supporting training for technical/IT related positions
- Familiarity with SCORM, online learning and learning technologies.
- Experience with instructional, graphic, and/or web design or development skills
- Some travel required (10-25%)
- Portfolio or eLearning sample may be required prior to interview
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, eLearning modules, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio), and other training materials.
- Ability to apply adult learning principles and incorporate this into curriculum design and development
- Professional experience using e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar), Cornerstone LMS (or similar)
- Experience using video editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Camtasia or similar)
- Working understanding of media design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud or similar)
- Experience working with and integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, and develop technical IT (information technology) content.
- Experience managing small to medium scale content development projects and excellent organization skills.
- Familiar with using data collection, research, and analysis to asses project outcomes and improve individual and organizational performance.
- Experience with technical customer service organizations.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top