Who We Are
Amazon was recently rated the #1 most reputable company in the US, #1 for innovation, and is frequently ranked at the top in Customer Service. Amazon's technology business has a history and tradition of leading the world in Web-related technologies and services. Now, with Amazon Web Services (AWS) you have the chance to help individuals and businesses take their computing infrastructures and applications into the Cloud. As a member of the AWS Support team, you will be at the forefront of Cloud technologies experiencing the full breadth of AWS services. You will be surrounded by people that are extremely smart, passionate about cloud computing, and believe that world class support is critical to customer success.
We have a team of talented engineers located in multiple locations around the world, and are growing rapidly. Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer - Female/Minority/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Amazon Web Services has an opening for a Curriculum Developer who thrives in a dynamic, fast-paced environment and has a strong training and development background. As a curriculum developer, you will be responsible for analyzing, designing and developing high quality training content for technical and non-technical learning programs for AWS Support's global sites.
This role focuses on instructional design, curriculum development, and program management. This is not a training delivery role as it does not involve regular classroom delivery of training. You will play a significant role in the training and development of a successful and effective global support team.
- Collaborate effectively with AWS Service teams, subject matter experts (SMEs), and managers on the AWS Support team to provide consulting, develop, and technical training content as well as non-technical curriculum
- Use project management tools and skills to manage medium to large scale content development projects
- Design and develop learning solutions and programs applying adult learning principles and systematic instructional design to create learning content that best fits the needs of the learner (includes online, classroom, virtual instructor-led training and blended learning content).
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new learning models and content design templates.
- Leverage rapid, agile development techniques and processes to create content for a rapidly changing environment. Lead process improvement efforts.
- Develop exercises, tutorials, job aids, assessments, and other methods of learning including social or connected learning strategies, and multimedia based assets.
- Lead needs analyses and learning strategy development activities to improve individual and organizational performance through learning.
- Coach and mentor junior developers in use of tools and instructional design methodologies.
- Support and incorporate use of our Knowledge Base into learning methods and strategies; support and help drive knowledge centered support methodologies.
- The ideal candidate will be passionate about the growth and success of AWS Support employees and our customers. Candidates will have experience in designing, developing, and implementing a wide range of large-scale training solutions. They will also have the following attributes and qualifications:
- 4 or more years of experience in a curriculum development role or similar.
- An undergraduate degree in communication, education, design, or related field (or a technical field).
- Demonstrated ability to manage medium to large scale programs while work cross-functionally with multiple teams and stakeholders in IT environment. Gathers requirements from stakeholders to create and innovate multiple concurrent medium to large learning projects.
- Familiarity with SCORM, online learning, learning technology, instructional, graphic, and/or web design or development skills.
- Experience using metric for leading needs analyses and learning strategy development activities to improve individual and organizational performance through learning.
- Experience developing and supporting training for technical/IT related positions
- Some travel required (10-25%).
- Portfolio and/or eLearning sample may be required at interview.
- Demonstrated experience designing and developing training materials and content to include creating instructor-led materials, online/e-learning modules, job aids, online tutorials, multimedia products (video, graphic, audio), and other training materials
- Ability to apply adult learning principles and incorporate this into curriculum design and development
- Professional experience using e-learning software (Articulate, Captivate, or similar), Cornerstone LMS (or similar)
- Experienced using video editing tools (Final Cut, Adobe Premier, After Effects, Camtasia or similar)
- Working understanding of media design tools (Adobe Creative Cloud or similar)
- Experience working with and integrating the use of knowledge bases and online reference for learning and performance support.
- Strong program manager with excellent verbal and written communication skills. This includes skill in collaborating with subject matter experts and managers to help write, design, and develop, and manage technical IT (information technology) content projects.
- Experience on leading projects for an entire group or department, or a major piece of a larger cross company product or project.
- Experience using data collection, research, and analysis to evaluate project outcomes and improve individual and organizational performance.
- Experience with technical customer service organizations.
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top