Culinary Product Developer
Do you have a passion for food and a flare for creating diverse and exciting recipes? Are you a dynamic, organized self-starter who is laser focused on providing customers with the best experience possible? Are you an owner that is willing to go above and beyond to create the most user-friendly, creative and delicious recipes on earth? Amazon is currently looking for a Culinary Product Developer to join our Amazon Meal Kits team to help us change our customers' lives in the kitchen. This is a great opportunity to get in on the ground floor in an exciting business area!
A successful candidate will own and manage recipe creation from concept to delicious product. The candidate's responsibilities will include:
- Developing new recipes utilizing interesting ingredients and covering a diverse range of cuisines types.
- Writing product specifications, production SOPs and other plans.
- Evaluating and implementing ideal packaging options.
- R&D ingredient inventory stock rotation, ordering and scheduling.
- Preparing ingredients, recipes, and recipe testing criteria.
The ideal candidate will demonstrate strengths in working with a cross-functional team and have the ability to partner with product, vendor management, design, food safety, and third-party co-packers. Additionally, the candidate will need to display a high level of accuracy and strong breadth of understanding in different cooking methods. In this role, the candidate will draw upon prior experience and be instrumental in developing and improving existing processes to increase recipe creation efficiency, output and quality.
- 7+ years of experience in a culinary development role including end-to-end recipe development
- University degree preferably in a food-related field
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional organizational skills
- Demonstrate knowledge and adherence to stringent food safety standards including an up-to-date Food Handlers card/certification
- Demonstrated collaborative skills and ability to work well within a team, including adherence to core values and dynamic corporate culture
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Demonstrated experience creating sustainable processes
- Proficiency in general computing skills.
- 10+ years of experience in a culinary development role
- 6+ years of experience as a chef
- Experience in culinary product development
- Food science background
- Kitchen management experience
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top