Building environments where great ideas are born and can thrive. Championing strategic creative both internally and externally. Orchestrating end-to-end brand experiences that create emotional connections with consumers. Driving business forward with innovative campaign ideas that can turn into scalable solutions. Amazon Media Group seeks a creative director with the chops to help our advertising clients make an impact with Amazon customers.
Be customer obsessed and think strategically
- Distill marketing challenges and business goals into focused creative briefs.
- Dive deep on audience (considering a brand's target audience as well as Amazon shopper behavior) to find meaningful insights.
- Understand human behavior. Focus the work on solving real customer problems.
- Measure success in terms of business metrics.
Insist on the highest creative standards
- Direct creative teams first, and creative second. Lead and inspire teams to continually raise the creative bar across clients.
- Collaborate across multiple teams to drive executions of all types (video, social, voice integration, VR, etc.).
- Work with project managers to ensure timelines, resources, and budget allocations can meet project scope.
- Deliver campaignable ideas and multichannel brand campaigns of the highest standard that map to the brief and generate measurable business return for clients.
Take ownership of the business
- Maintain a high-level view across the business. Understand the complexities, dependencies, and opportunities beyond our immediate team.
- Understand our advertising platform and how to sell it, working within the existing framework as well as pushing for new functionalities.
- Create ideas that can become scalable executions (and revenue streams) in the future.
- Be willing and able to adapt with the business as it evolves over time.
- Network with other Amazon teams to follow emerging products and find opportunities for advertisers.
Think big and own client and agency relationships
- Work with client services to build strategic business partnerships with clients and agency partners, inspiring and exciting them about creative solutions and delivery on their brand promise.
- Create a clear vision for the creative execution on the account and ensure the vision is clearly communicated and understood with both clients, planning, and the account team.
- Articulate and defend strategic thinking and creative direction to executive-level internal and external stakeholders.
- Deliver high standards of client satisfaction, measuring through feedback, open communication, surveys, and campaign response and continuously adapting and adjusting approaches to benefit the client.
Earn trust and be a thought leader
- Be a creative ambassador. Build a culture of creative thinking and innovation with internal teams as well as client and agency partners.
- Build relationships and align efforts with internal business partners, including sales, client services, and technology.
- Educate, inspire, and motivate colleagues across the organization to help them understand, protect, and sell the strongest creative ideas to clients.
- Represent Amazon at industry events, panels, and groups, reinforcing our creative philosophy, strategy, and objectives.
- Review market developments and industry trends and identify potential opportunities for Amazon Media Group.
Hire and develop the best
- Inspire, guide, motivate, and mentor to ensure your team members perform at their peak and grow professionally. Make followers.
- Actively recruit for future roles to support our evolution.
- Passion for creativity, from conceptual thinking to final output.
- Portfolio demonstrating big, campaignable thinking that can extend into any medium.
- Strong understanding of digital and social platforms as well as their use in marketing.
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Clear verbal and written communication.
- Ability to work through escalations and difficult situations independently.
Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, and enthusiastic team player
- Bachelor degree in writing or equivalent professional experience required
- Self-starter who is a customer-obsessed, detail-oriented, enthusiastic team player
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Experience setting writing standards, coordinating, and reviewing the work of the creative team and other clients and internal stakeholders to ensure highest quality and unity of visual/copy style
- Strong project management skills, team-oriented individual with the ability to multitask and meet tight deadlines
- An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating strong creative direction, writing acumen, and experience creating great interactive advertising experiences is a requirement for application
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Ability to work with highly technical teams and handle multiple projects in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent presentation skills
- Excellent working knowledge of Photoshop and the full Adobe Creative Suite
- Minimum of 10 years' experience as a creative leader, preferably with 8 years in an interactive agency environment
- Master's degree preferred
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top