- Istanbul, Turkey
Amazon Turkey is seeking a talented, experienced, and self-directed Creative Director to generate bar-raising, industry leading creative direction and executions for innovative and effective marketing experiences across platforms and mediums-driving traffic, awareness, and engagement. The successful candidate will have a proven ability to motivate through vision and dedication to excellence; demonstrate success translating business goals into original solutions; and a desire to inspire and collaborate with a passionate team.
As a Creative Director, you will play a significant role in engaging customers and creating a best-in-class customer experience on-site, mobile, and digital marketing initiatives by guiding the development of the look and feel. This role's key to success is the ability to translate business needs into accessibly inspiring design, photography, copy-writing and branding solutions. With a hands on approach; you will be a combination of creative doer, and a conceptual powerhouse. We're looking for someone with strong strategic knowledge, who can make intentional choices, is excited to tackle new creative challenges every day, comfortable working with ambiguity, and able to create scalable visual systems.
• Manage creative direction and development for on-site marketing projects-inclusive of branding, graphic design, copy-writing and photography.
• Collaborate with marketing managers, designers, producers, and project managers to see your vision to fruition.
• Work from creative briefs to translate merchandising and marketing strategies into creative execution.
• Develop creative positioning (graphic look and feel, voice, photography etc.) for web and digital.
• Create world-class, beautiful layouts and visuals that support and reinforce business objectives; partner with business/marketing teams to ensure that designs meet brand and business objectives.
• Provide creative direction for seasonal fashion photography; bringing experience with editorial-style photo shoots and how to effectively direct a crew from start to finish. Direct the photography sessions including lighting, attitude, mood, styling, etc.
• Partner with imaging team to ensure the quality of product imaging.
• Follow market trends and apply a keen understanding of e-commerce trends to maximize the effectiveness of creative; that will keep Amazon Turkey on the leading edge.
• Be able to present to senior management, influencing business and creative decisions and direction.
• Establish and maintain a business rhythm by conducting reviews and meetings with both local and global stakeholders on a regular basis.
• 8+ years of design experience with Visual Design and Art Direction expertise, including identity design, merchandising design, and brand design.
• A portfolio that demonstrates the ability to turn ideas into a creative vision.
• Unwavering attention to detail and an acute awareness that everything counts.
• Highly proficient in Adobe Photoshop/Illustrator/InDesign and related design and production software.
• Bachelor's degree in design (ie. Fine Arts/Graphic Design/Visual Communications/Advertising or similar) or equivalent professional experience.
• Fluent in English.
• A proven ability to work cross-team and synthesize feedback and input from merchants, marketers, and business stakeholders.
• Strong communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
• Excellent concepting, creative development, and design skills.
• Demonstrated business acumen and customer-centricity.
• Deep understanding of typography and image standards for the web.
• Design experience for a retail brand.
• Relentless desire for innovation, balanced with business and user interaction priorities.
• Effective cross-team collaborator with the ability to work across multiple creative projects and the ability to meet aggressive deadlines.
• Expert understanding of the web production process; familiarity with post-production / retouching.
• Demonstrated ability to use hard data and metrics to back up strategic recommendations.
• Expertise in people management.
All offers are contingent on the successful completion of a background check.
Amazon is an equal opportunities employer. We believe passionately that employing a diverse workforce is central to our success. We make recruiting decisions based on your experience and skills. We value your passion to discover, invent, simplify and build.
By submitting your resume and application information, you authorize Amazon to transmit and store your information in the Amazon group of companies' world-wide recruitment database, and to circulate that information as necessary for the purpose of evaluating your qualifications for this or other job vacancies.
Back to top