Costing Program Manager
The Prime Video content acquisition team is looking for a technology process-oriented program manager to create and manage costing data related to our third party license agreements. In this role, you will be responsible for, among other tasks, translating complex agreements with content providers into standardized metadata; sourcing projected content performance data from internal tools & building process to streamline the delivery of data to internal Amazon teams and systems downstream.
The ideal candidate will enjoy defining new processes, successfully and consistently deliver results, and working cross-functionally to drive automation and scale. At the same time, he/she is not afraid to roll up his/her sleeves to simply get the job done. The content data manager should be highly proficient in Excel, have strong attention to detail and polished communication skills, and ideally from a program management, finance, or accounting background.
This position is based in Seattle, but will work with teams across the globe.
Core Job Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with multiple internal teams to drive process improvements
- Develop operational plans to improve, or preferably eliminate, manual processes
- Investigate and propose solutions to fix any systematic problems and address such issues proactively in future
- Work with technical teams to identify real-world user problems, and provide business and technical requirements to automate solutions with technology
- Educate peers and management on processes and expectations to meet production goals and objectives
- Enter contract metadata into internally developed tools
- Run projections and own evaluation of projected new video acquisitions
- Set up new partners for payment
- Respond to partner payment inquiries, working with accounts payable to resolve
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
- Fluent in English
- Relevant work experience in program management, process improvement and/or digital/high-technology companies/products
- Experience using Excel and macros
- Proven ability to meet tight deadlines, multi-task, and prioritize workload
- High attention to detail, comfortable with hands-on management of tasks
- Ability to work in cross-functional teams, communicate with colleagues in both business and technical roles and develop process that drives scale
- Adept at working with different systems and making recommendations on improvements for both systems and processes
- Ability to succeed amidst ambiguity
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, both with internal teams and external vendors
- Background in program management/accounting/finance
- Excel Expert level and SQL proficiencies
- Demonstrated proficiency in training and coaching others
- Leveraging technology to invent, improve, and scale
- Experience with Kaizen and Six Sigma processes
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top