Cost Optimization Business Development Manager
Would you like to be part of a team focused on growing adoption of Amazon Web Services ("AWS") business across the world's largest multinational organizations? Do you have the business and technical acumen collaborate across multiple business owners to help drive successful IT transformation and cloud adoption? AWS enables customers of all sizes to run their applications on Amazon's industry-leading cloud computing platform. AWS is growing very rapidly with over one million active customers in over 190 countries.
Cost and operational effectiveness to support the adoption of new cloud technologies is key to accelerating the business and technological benefits of the AWS platform. Amazon has consistently innovated not only in a technological sense but also to meet the evolving needs of large enterprises. The AWS cloud offers customers an alternative consumption model that differs from how businesses have traditionally bought IT by focusing on paying only for what you need. We're looking for a hands-on and motivated self-starter who's passionate about working directly with customers to help organizations adopt new processes, purchasing strategies, and cross-functional collaboration to embrace cloud technologies at scale and to ensure long-term customer success.
As the Cost Optimization Business Development Representative you will have the exciting opportunity to support the world's largest and most complex multinational organizations as they transform their procurement and commercial processes so that they are optimized for the cloud. You will act as the lead on optimization conversations and support customers by engaging their IT Procurement and Finance teams so they can optimize their practices for cloud purchases and access all available cost savings. This will include generating and providing recommendations on how customers can optimize their usage of AWS, working to reengineer internal people and processes, and working with partners to ensure ongoing success. He/she will be experienced at working with large data sets, have a familiarity of IT transformation within large organizations, and working directly within the executive suite. He/she will have superb communication and customer-relationship skills, outstanding analytic insight, and be a passionate advocate for AWS customers to other internal parties.
Active collaboration with leadership in WW Business Development, AR, Billing, Legal, Operations and product teams will be crucial to the effective execution of this role. He/she will drive towards simple, scalable solutions to difficult problems, have excellent project-management skills, and be able to communicate complex topics, both written and verbally, in a clear and easy-to-understand way.
- Become the subject matter expert in all cost and commercial related aspects of the customer life-cycle.
- Educate and enable our largest customers so that they can self-serve and are no longer reliant on "hands-on" support.
- Assessing reporting and analytic needs of customers and identifying solution and approach to meet those needs.
- Communicate, establish, and measure KPIs to track progress and success of transformation and optimization within customer organizations
- Evangelize cost related trends, themes and best practices with Customers and Partners
- Manage numerous requests concurrently & strategically
- Understand and communicate billing, forecasting, and budgeting best practices
- Prior experience working with senior IT executives, IT outsourcing vendors and cloud service providers to analyze implementation options for on-premise, remote virtualized and/or cloud IT Infrastructures
- 7-10 years of business development and IT management or management consulting experience.
- Proven experience management consulting, IT transformation consulting and/or business process design experience
- The right person will have strong business sense and be technical and analytical.
- Must have a demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations, including sales, marketing, business development and training.
- Management Consulting background highly desired
- Experience working within a high-growth technology company
- Exhibits sound business judgment, a proven ability to influence others, strong analytical skills, and a proven track record of taking ownership, leading data driven analyses, and influencing results
- Able to operate successfully in a lean, fast-paced organization, and to create a vision and organization that can scale quickly
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a track record of presenting to senior management
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top