Corporate Reporting Systems Sr. Analyst
Amazon is a fast paced, dynamic, high-tech company based in Seattle. Amazon's finance team is searching for bar-raising financial accounting professionals who consistently exceed expectations, who thrive in a challenging workplace, and who can actively contribute to our talented team. The global accounting organization supports our financial reporting, internal control, intercompany, and transfer pricing activities and also supports new business launches globally for Amazon in the consumer products, digital initiatives, merchant, operations, logistics, payments, and cloud computing lines of business.
This position, Corporate Reporting Systems Sr. Analyst, will be responsible for delivering and supporting solutions for Accounting within our Enterprise Reporting systems including: Oracle Financials General Ledger, Hyperion Financial Management, Essbase, Smart View, Account Reconciliation Management and Hyperion Financial Close Management. As a Corporate Reporting Systems Sr. Analyst, you will identify, design, and deploy technology and process solutions that enable strategic initiatives and operational improvements. Additional responsibilities include ensuring application controls are designed and operating effectively to support our internal controls over financial reporting.
This role requires proficiency in the analysis of system requirements, solution design and ongoing maintenance. In addition to delivering new technology and enhancing/supporting existing systems, an effective Sr. Analyst will be expected to contribute relevant technical, functional, and process expertise, negotiate and drive alignment for all financial systems projects and initiatives which impact our accounting close.
We are currently looking for individual contributor candidates who have held similar positions in large public companies or who have held functional lead level positions with a consulting firm serving Fortune 500 clients for 2 or more years. Successful candidates for this position will have the equivalent of 7+ years of professional experience with financial reporting systems and process implementation. Demonstrated experience in providing leadership to accomplish unusually complex challenges will be expected as this is an ongoing requirement for this position.
- Degree in business, accounting, computer science and/or related work experience
- 7+ years of experience with analysis, design, implementation, and support of Hyperion Financial Close & Reporting and/or Oracle Financials General Ledger applications
- Proven track record of successful design, implementation, and/or participation in large-scale Enterprise Performance Management solutions
- 2+ years of relevant consulting (system implementation, upgrades enhancement, support) or industry experience
- Strong analytical skills and understanding of financial reporting tools (Essbase, Smart View)
- Working knowledge of Business Intelligence and ETL tools
- Understanding of accounting processes and financial data
- Ability to identify risks and implement solutions before they become major problems
- Demonstrated experience in gathering, analyzing and synthesizing business requirements and when needed escalating actions from multiple sources
- MBA with technology/finance/accounting background preferred
- Enterprise systems consulting experience with Fortune 500 clients
- Strong interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Experience working in a fast paced environment similar to a high tech start-up
- A demonstrated history of solving multiple and complex operational and reporting challenges
- Aptitude for leading teams; influencing and galvanizing others to follow you toward a solution
- Solid organizational skills along with an aptitude for information technology
- Excellent analytical skills
- High standards for delivery and success
- Experience documenting high level design requirements
- Advanced reporting skills such as report development, SQL Query development
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Meet Some of Amazon's Employees
Senior UX Designer
Mae integrates human-centered design into tools that enable business partners to operate efficiently and intuitively. She analyzes customer needs and pain points to improve designs.
Back to top