Corporate Environment, Health, and Safety Program Manager - Business Intelligence
- Arlington, VA
Technology improvements, expanding business needs, and a heightened focus on personnel accommodations have resulted in a significant increase in the number of Amazon Employees working in offsite ("virtual") locations. Development of safety and security programs for virtual employees is an essential component to ensure legal compliance through a consistent and robust support infrastructure for Amazonians.
Amazon's Corporate Security and Environment, Health, Safety (EHS) team is seeking a Business Intelligence Analyst to support virtual employees. The successful candidate will drive the development of data analysis processes and provide valuable analytical talent to our organization.
This role can be accomplished from a variety of locations and will be determined based on candidate preference. Seattle and/or Bellevue are not location options for this role.
The role demands strong analytical and data visualization skills, including the creation of reports with an overall objective to define and clearly communicate performance metrics. The ideal candidate for this role can work successfully in a fast-paced environment, has experience partnering with business teams, is detailed oriented, strives to stay ahead of a dynamic business, and always puts the customer at the center of their solutions. This candidate can understand how to work with business intelligence tools to generate and analyze datasets and use that analysis to produce written recommendations and insights for key stakeholders and senior leadership teams. This person should be familiar with the creation of metrics and reporting tools like QuickSight, Tableau, Excel, SharePoint, Visio, etc.
This person will be responsible for identifying continuous improvement opportunities and will strive to automate functions and processes whenever possible. This role has a wide remit to support EHS and Security programming for virtual employees across all global locations through project management and process improvement mechanisms.
The extent of your duties will include the following:
• Understanding and analyzing EHS and Security data and information (e.g. laws, regulations, benchmarking studies, industry best practices, etc.).
• Analyzing key metrics to uncover trends and root causes that inform actionable business recommendations. Generate regular updates for leadership teams.
• Owning the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions.
• Partnering with stakeholders to audit the adoption and understanding of EHS and Security policies.
• Working to develop streamlined and consistent mechanisms to support virtual employees.
Developing long term goals, metrics, and key performance indicators to drive continuous improvement aimed at enhancing the resiliency of virtual employee teams.
• A professional college degree in relevant field
• 3+ years' experience in Environment, Health, and Safety and/or Security
• 3+ years' experience managing complex, multi-disciplinary projects
• Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities, workload and global travel
• Excellent communication and influencing skills results orientated
• Advanced degree in a related field
• Proven track record of sound decision making, taking ownership, and delivering results
• Strong interpersonal skills including the written and oral communication skills necessary to build relationships and positively influence decision making
• Have experience working with the sourcing and framing of metrics, and using reporting tools like QuickSight, Tableau, Excel, SharePoint, Visio, etc.
• Experience with EHS and/or Security regulations
• Experience with Salesforce and Redshift
• Lean, 5S, Behavioral Change, and Kaizen experience
• Experience in financial analytics and reporting mechanisms
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top