Corporate Development Manager, Amazon India
- Mumbai, India
Amazon is seeking an experienced Corporate Development (Corp Dev) Professional to join the India team.
The India Corporate Development Group owns all inorganic initiatives for Amazon in India, be it minority investments, acquisitions, or other forms of investment-led engagement. As a Corporate Development Professional you will be responsible for managing, and executing some of Amazon India's most complex and high impact inorganic activities. This includes managing relationships and negotiations for transactions with end to end ownership both externally and internally. You will need to work collaboratively with senior leaders at Amazon India across several of Amazon's businesses: Amazon.in, Kindle, Amazon Web Services, Amazon Pay, Amazon Prime, Amazon Advertising and other businesses which Amazon might launch in India. The role is based in Mumbai and will entail frequent travel across India.
The preferred candidate will have had end to end transaction execution experience with strong understanding of consumer, internet and tech-enabled businesses. Specific responsibilities include the following:
• Source and evaluate inorganic opportunities (investments and acquisitions); with end-to-end execution of chosen opportunities
• Build market intelligence to stay ahead of market developments and areas to focus on
• Manage portfolio companies and internal reporting
• Bachelor's Degree
• 5+ years of professional work experience
• 5+ years of experience developing, leading, negotiating and executing corporate and/or business transactions
• 4 to 6 years of end-to-end transaction experience gained through investment banking or private equity/venture capital investing background
• Strong understanding of consumer, internet and tech-enabled businesses
• Excellent oral and written skills to communicate complex issues and influence others internally and externally.
• Strong interpersonal skills and ability gain respect of senior management and external executives.
• Ability to build and maintain a network of relationships which facilitate deal flow.
• Experience in venture capital / private equity transactions
• Self-starter who can excel in a fast-paced and fluid environment.
• Competency with internet, mobile and cloud technologies.
• Excellence in financial modeling
• Passion for big challenges and a good sense of humor.
Back to top