Corporate Counsel, Workplace Health & Safety
- Washington, DC
Amazon Legal World Wide Operations is looking for a talented attorney to support our health and safety legal team. The scale and complexity of our worldwide safety and health program is exceptional and rapidly growing. We are looking for an attorney to support Amazon's Operations and Worldwide Health & Safety team to develop industry leading safety solutions for our employees and service providers.
You will be a part of a team responsible for counseling our Operations business on a broad range of health and safety regulatory compliance matters and global security matters. Principal duties include developing compliance policies and procedures, providing day-to-day compliance guidance to the health and safety and operations teams, working cross-functionally with other teams to ensure compliance, and resolving issues that arise during regulatory interactions including inspections. Some travel, domestic and international, will be required after pandemic travel restrictions are lifted.
Qualified candidates must have five or more years of legal experience advising on regulatory compliance matters, preferably in workplace health and safety. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, pragmatic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Amazon offers its attorneys the opportunity to develop their experience and career with one of the world's most recognized and dynamic brands. Competitive salary includes equity.
This position can sit in Seattle or Washington, D.C.
• 5+ years of legal experience in regulatory compliance matters, with at least two years at a law firm.
• J.D. and membership in at least one state bar
• Experience in warehousing, manufacturing, logistics or transportation health & safety compliance and crisis management
• A mix of corporate law firm and in-house experience
• Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations
• Excellent organizational skills, and ability to manage multiple projects at once, follow through and meet deadlines
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a cross-functional team
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top