Corporate Counsel, Data Center Operations (Networking)
Amazon's Legal Department is looking for a talented commercial lawyer based in Singapore to fill the position of Corporate Counsel Data Center Operations (Networking) supporting Amazon Web Services ("AWS"), a dynamic and rapidly growing business within Amazon.com. AWS is at the forefront of the "cloud" computing and service industry, providing IT infrastructure services such as on-demand compute capacity, storage, content delivery, database services and more.
This attorney will work on a team responsible for supporting AWS's worldwide data centers, including data center leasing, operations, compliance, and networking. As Corporate Counsel, you will have transactional drafting and negotiation responsibilities on telecommunications agreements (e.g., transport services, IP transit services, voice services, interconnection, fiber acquisitions and IRUs) and provide ongoing legal counsel and contract interpretation to business team members on a day-to-day basis. These transactions range from standard contracts to complex, high value agreements. In addition, you will help develop, implement, and manage process improvements across the team; resolve legal issues that arise in existing commercial relationships; and handle pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
Qualified candidates must have five or more years of legal experience. The successful candidate must be enthusiastic, enjoy working hard and being challenged, and demonstrate sound judgment even in ambiguous situations. Amazon offers its attorneys the opportunity to develop their experience and career with one of the world's most recognized and dynamic brands. Competitive salary includes equity.
• Law degree (J.D. or equivalent) from leading university or law school
• Licensed to practice law in region and/or US with qualification in good standing
• 5+ years of legal experience (with several years at a leading law firm or in-house experience)
• Able to travel approximately 15% of time
• Strong analytical, written and oral communication, and client interaction skills
• Experience drafting transactional documents
• Familiarity with IT, data center operations, Internet infrastructure, or related procurement
• Regulatory experience in regulated fields like telecommunications or electricity
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Back to top